W202 c240 sport any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ranzrs

Car
mercedes ce
hi guys

Just wanted to get some views on w202 c240

Any good?

Good and bad points really

As I want to buy a w202 but not sure what model to buy ( don't want a amg version)

Thanks

Great cars, but thirsty and rust like hell.

Seriously, unless it's had a bodyshop work on it, it's likely to be rotten around rear arches, under the sideskirts.

Slinky smooth engines tho.

Ye I know the w202 rust a lot

What's the overall best engine?

I like the 230k. I have a 230k, but I didn’t look after it properly and now it’s dying rapidly from rust. KillerHERTZ is right, unless you invest a shed load on proofing or buy one that someone else has done, it will disappear before your very eyes.

The C230K is meant to be the best going on what the forum says, however I loved my C240 - but it was thirsty mind!

I’d say the 230k isn’t a whole lot better, 30ish on a run and mid/low 20s around town and country.

Its a very reliable engine and generic work is easy to DIY because its so compact. I would go for a C250 Turbodiesel if you can still find a nice one though.

The c240 I think is one of the best engines on the w202 chassis but w202 do rust a lot so keep your eyes open for body filler and take a magnet with you when you go to buy one

Buy on condition not engine.

The days of cheap reliable 202 motoring are long gone.

Given the choice the 280 is the best followed by the 230k

All engines are generally reliable and I wouldn't worry about mileage as it's age related problems that cause the problems.

Despite being the world's biggest 202 fan I would not buy another the choice of good ones is just too limited.

I personally now would just buy a 208, same car but more choice, better specced and no more money to get a 320 which is the best of the bunch.

Whatever you buy you have to go in with the understanding that it is disposible ! Any other way will cost too much money and agg

Reactions: 219
Ive been running cheepy W202s for a while now, i personally prefer the smaller petrol engines as you get good MPG and OK performance, you will never win a Grand Prix, but can be hustled along well enough if you push them through the gears, they are a great little Benz in my opinion for the money. My choice would be a C180 or 200 estate.

Reactions: 219
My 1st Merc back in the day... C240 Sport in Azurite Blue... loved it...silky smooth engine... loved mine...

Attachments

• C280.jpg
    C280.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom