w202 c240T rear wiper/washer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRBC43AMG

MB Enthusiast
Car
2013 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 1999 C43 AMG saloon "Grandma" (sold), Ultima Sports Can-Am (sold)
I'm not sure if this the best place to post my question but here goes.

The wiper/washer on my w202 C240 estate started wiping very slowly and the washer stop squirting liquid onto the screen. The washer reservoir is full and the washer motor seems to work (no difference in noise when everything was working well previously).

This afternoon I popped off the protection from the rear door and found the culprit. The washer pipe which is normally attached to the wiper spindle was hanging in the air and has sheared off the axle.

I removed the motor and before taking everything to pieces, I decided to post on here to see if anybody has experienced this problem and which is the best way to get around fixing it.

Last edited:
Having read Stratman's threads above, I looked closer at the nozzle and I see that it is flattened, I remember having used WD40 and a small hammer to loosen and free the wiper surround. Big mistake I now realize. :doh:

Can I drill out this plastic (?) end and replace it? I checked the EPC and can't see a nozzle replacement. :wallbash:

Last edited:
The part number on the bag the pipe (the one which fits inside the motor spindle and has the spray nozzles) came in was P MA163 860 04 07 13224

I bought it from MB in Weybridge, I just pointed to the part on the microfiche screen after I gave the assistant the car's VIN. Although I had no trouble buying it, others have reported it's no longer sold as a separate item and it's necessary to buy the complete motor assembly.

You may get lucky, you may have to buy the whole motor. A salvager/breaker may be able to help.

OK thanks. I didn't see that the nozzle was a pipe which fitted the spindle top down. I'll check with the dealer here together with the part no. I'll check the EPC with the part no to see if something comes up. If not it looks like I need to get my hands on a second hand unit.

So I attacked the end of the broken nozzle with a 3mm drill bit. Cleaned and emptied plenty of plastic and washer fluid gunk which had accumulated since 98'. I drilled the other end with a larger bit making sure not to remove metal from the spindle. The drill bits are not long enough to clean out everything and it is impossible to view the whole length of the axle.

I then opened the gear box and found a load of old and rusty looking gunk inside. After cleaning everything I removed the axle which has some rust around the cogs but probably not enough to stop the mechanism working after I assemble everything with plenty of fresh grease.

The question which remains open is the plastic tube which runs up the axle.

Last edited:
And the last photo which should be in the previous post (I cannot post more than 3 attachments at a time) :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom