w202 C250 clear pipes- Dealer only?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnMcClane

Car
C250TD
Hi, was just wondering whether these are a dealer only item? just due to my working hours at the moment im unable to get to a dealership easily.
605 070 12 32
605 070 10 32
605 070 15 32
605 070 07 32
605 070 08 32
605 070 14 32
I shouldnt need the o rings or prefilter as ive just replaced both, only to find one of the connectors has snapped in the filter housing. I presume this would prevent the system from priming properly and let air piss in? Getting towards my wits end with the car!

You can just put the part numbers in using the link i gave you , you need to put an 'a' before each number , and lose the spaces ....

It'll give you the price and add them to your basket.

Thanks, i wouldnt have worked it out otherwise. Saved me a few favours there!

I have just done a similar job on my father's C250TD. I have the part numbers for the o-rings (obviously not going to resolve your broken pipe issue) but thought that they might be useful info for someone else doing the job.

These are 7 of one type, 3 of another, the pre-filter one and the one that goes behind the shut-off valve:

1x A021 997 75 48
1x A602 997 01 48
3x A602 997 04 45
7x A602 997 03 45

Hope this helps someone out.

Replaced all pipes, o rings and both prefilter and fuel filter. Im still not getting anywhere, i resorted to a bit of brake cleaner down the inlet. This had it firing, but not enough to draw sufficient derv through. This is with the diff jacked up, nose down. Theres fuel coming through, but only a miniscule amount and still seems to stop halfway up on one of the filter pipes. Would this mean its likely to be the filter housing itself being blocked or something?

Unlikely.

Take the pipe off the filter nearest the n/s and crank the engine to see if fuel is being pumped by the lift pump. If not, either you still have an air leak or the pipes on the lift pump are back to front.

its the one on the furthest to the NS that stays at about half full. Its bringing fuel through just very slowly. Ive removed it and brimmed it with diesel, just waiting for my 2nd battery to charge so i can see about jumping it again.

Jumped, unsuccessfully. My blocks got a nice coating of oil on it, is it possible it could be crank RPM sensor? Theres diesel whizzing round but i dont think its injecting.

At my wits end with this, its still draining back. Left it overnight, nose down and its still dripped back. Going to crack the injectors off and see if anythings happening, is there anything electrically that would prevent the injectors from opening? If i cant rectify this its looking like its a scrapper.

have you had the codes read? it shouldnt crank unless the DAS says so. the injection pump is mechanical, so it should fire. do the glow plugs work? have you tried loosening the hard lines on the injector, and see if they are squirting?

Not yet, my mates got launch but hes down london for a few days. Glowplugs should work, replaced them about a year or so back. Unless all 5 have died simultaneously? Thats the next step. Getting pretty quick at taking the inlet mani off now!

Hi check fuel heater just around middle of inlet manifold as they often let diesel run back and have you check fuel hoses rubber ones on left hand inner wing as they perish

i take it thats the big circular doodad under the rocker cover?

No, the thermostat is under the inlet manifold. The big thing under the rocker is a breather.

The fuel hoes from the hard lines on te bulkhead to the thermostat, then to the inlet strainer. I cut the pipe from thermostat to inlet strainer, and ran a pipe from the hard line to the strainer. The plastic pipe is the right size for the inside of the rubber pipe. I found it easier to gurn the strainer top around 180 degrees so it points at the radiator.

dsc9909.jpg

Thats the thermostat i presume, Which of these is the one i want to route into the strainer?

yup. the pipe to the left of your mark goes to the strainer, the egg shaped bit on the filter.

if thats your vehicle, the lines look new. consider replacing the one from the steel line to the thermostat (to the right of the oval)

no - the one from the oval to the right, above the one with the screw type hose clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom