W202 C250- Possible EIS/ DAS problem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnMcClane

Car
C250TD
Got an S reg C250TD, Its been a great car for the past 10 months or so other than occasionally not starting (fuelling/ heater plug issue). Over the past month the cars been temperamental as ****, Not locking/unlocking from the IR key, Not being able to turn the key in the EIS ring intermittenly and the key not always putting out an IR signal and so on. On saturday evening i left the car for a few hours at my friends garage, when i came back about 9 hours later the battery was flat. We managed to jump it off a sprinter, and i made sure i went the longest way home possible to get a decent charge out of the alternator. No battery warning light showed. Comes to sunday, i try the key and nothing. Try jumping it again, nothing. Transit van was wired up to it for well over an hour and only once could i turn the key, only for it to crank over really slowly. Im at my wits end, the cars got a lot of sentimental value but im skint after just forking out insurance and tax for it. Is it time to say goodbye? or would it be possible to rip an ECU,EIS and key out of a scrapper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom