W202 C250 TD AUTO Vibrating!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonathanC250

Car
2005 W203 C320 CDI
Hi all!!

I'm wondering if any one has had similar problems with a 202 c250, when the car is started cold, there is a slight vibration felt through the car, when drive is selected, this is considerably worse, but not in reverse! :S

When in drive, its only when stationary, if im at lights, i have to put the car into neutral, if i want to retain my teeth!!

Once after about 10 - 15 minutes, once the car has warmed up, i cant notice it any more!

My dad's W124 300D had similar problems, which turned out to be engine mounts, but with the 124, the vibration did ease up a bit when the car warmed up, but was still noticable.

Any help or comments would be much apprectiated!!

Thanks!

Does the car idle ok? Or is it erratic? Does the car drive well apart from this vibration problem?

Does sound like mounts. Check the engine mounts, gearbox mounts and diff mounts while you are at it.

Hi momomo,

The idle seems unaffected by this, its not idling low or up and down, its just horrbile vibration/ shuddering, and when in gear, everything shakes!!

only when cold, ive had a word with a friend of mine whos a mechanic, and he doesnt seem to think it sounds like the mounts, as it goes away once the car has warmed up!

I need to get it looked at , which i hopefully will be doing next saturday.

Thankyou for your reply

Engine and gearbox mount is where my money is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom