W202 C250 TD leak off line problem - what's the diameter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
The leak off lines on my car are popping off with really annoying frequency, three times in the last week, once on a trip to Bristol.

The boys on Biopowered - vegetable oil and biodiesel forum - Index say nylon tubing is 100% bulletproof & once on is a bitch to try to remove so little chance of it coming off.

I bought 3mm nylon line after being told by a local business that sells this stuff (but didn't have any in stock) that I wanted 3mm ID but despite heating the holy **** out of it I can't get it to fit on the nipples. Don't really want to accumulate a collection of nylon pipe of various diameters, so, can anyone definitively tell me what interior diameter the original MB leak off line is?

TIA.

hi

no idea but i know the 'vauxhall' leak off pipe that halfords sells fits my W124 perfectly.

It is 3mm ID nominal, but obviously rubber pipe allows some stretching to fit over the barb.

DM,

Do you know of any car manufacturer that sells 3mm ID BD100 resistant leak off line?

TIA

Thanks DM, I ordered a mete of 3.2 x 6.2 viton tube from your link above.

I hope that'll take care of this issue.

Will a metre be enough? It's definitely not for a OM606.

I am having same problem and fitted allnew 3.2mmand its sucking air into the system and fuel running back to the tank. I have tried even cable tieing the pipes but still no goo. Running on normal diesel. I amgoing to try the vauxhall pipe tomorrow

What's wrong with MB leak off line?

If you are running normal diesel it's the most likely to work, isn't it?

You can only use MB genuine pipe other 3.2mm Leaks

You can only use MB genuine pipe other 3.2mm Leaks

<snigger>...

Any decent leak off pipe will fit and work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom