W202 c250 td re-chip/ remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonathanC250

Car
2005 W203 C320 CDI
Hi all,

I've been toying with the idea of getting my C250 remapped for a few years now, after contacting many places and being told they don't do it anymore or i will need to post them my ecu, I have found a place not too far away that will do it, and the figures they are saying seem good.

BHP from 150 up to 187
Torque from 280nm up to 355nm

Does this sound realistic? They have told me that the best way is to do a 're-chip' what does this mean?

The price when quoted was 395 plus VAT

Has anyone had this or a similar thing done to a C250 and is it worth it, I've just convinced my girlfriend to get a W208 CLK230 Komp and this makes the C250 feel so slow and unresponsive, I just fancy making it a bit better, I know it will not be the same as the CLK, but it would be nice if it moved a bit quicker!

Thanks in advance

Jon

Thanks in advance

The figures are very realistic.
The EEprom will have to be changed.

thats a good price and the figures are good you may even get better

remember to get a copy of your original ecu map and the new map

i have a friend that remaps cars mostly mercedes only and diesel only only as he says it pays for it self in about four years and only to do it if your keeping the car to get he most from the remap

he gets his done by a guy in germany

if i meet him i can get more info if you want what to look out for and so on

Thanks HorganTrevor, If you could I would appreciate it! Any information helps!

I remember when I asked about this on here a few years ago when there was a group remap going on, Ian (flanaia1) mentioned something that they could do, but I cant remember if I got any figures, also I dont know how far away he is from me, if its not too far I would get it done by him.

Thanks
Jon

Would this mean I wouldn't be able to drive the car since we'd have to send the ECU or am I misunderstanding the process here? Also what exactly do you mean by getting a copy of the orignal and new ecu map?

Get them to send you a new EEprom with the new map on. You can then swap the EEprom yourself, retaining the old one.

Would this mean I wouldn't be able to drive the car since we'd have to send the ECU or am I misunderstanding the process here? Also what exactly do you mean by getting a copy of the orignal and new ecu map?

The remap involves reprogramming the ECU with new data. This is in the form of a digital file. It simply means getting a copy of the existing data and the new data on a CD or USB stick, for example.

^ Not on a 1997 C250TD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom