w202 C250 TD - Rolled and won't start now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moorheadbrian

Car
W202 C250 TD
Ok so unfortunatley due to the bad weather the Mercedes decided to go sideways round a sweeping and end up on its side through a hedge into a field.
It only rolled onto its side, not a full roll by the way.

No major damage, just need a wing mirror and side repeater really (These cars must be built like tanks)

So anyway I'm having trouble getting it started, oil is ok, the only thing I can think of is the fuel is air locked. Is this the most likely case or are there any ''cut-offs'' which are activated in an accident?

Thanks for the help!!

Sorry as in the fuel pipes need bled a bit, with the car sitting on its side the fuel has probably ran back. If that makes sense?

You need to deactivate the roll-over valve.

Check the fuel cut out switch, consult your user manual.

I don't have a manual :( , will try and google up one now! Thanks. Where is this roll over valve and the fuel cut out too?

As above. Most vehicles are now, and have been for a good few years, fitted with a safety fuel cut off switch. This is to reduce the risk of fire.

I don't have a manual :( , will try and google up one now! Thanks. Where is this roll over valve and the fuel cut out too?

Dont know where the fuel cut off is located, crank the engine for 30 seconds, let the starter cool for a minute, repeat.. Keep doing this in 30 second intervals, it will bleed the fuel system.

If the car is a manual gearbox, try having it towed in 3rd gear until it comes back to life (with ignition on of course)

Big thanks for the quick replies guys, much appreciated. Got another battery hooked up and some more fuel into the car and eventually she came back to life. Can't put a good car down!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom