W202 C250 turbo diesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob_corinna

Car
C250 diesel
I have recently removed the two rubber fuel pipes from under the bonnet on my W202 C250. now in all the exitement I have forgotten which is the supply and which is the return, I am refering to the two metal pipes that come from the tank, I think the supply is the one that connects to the left hand side (when sat in car) of the tank, please help.

The top pipe goes to the return on the filter housing and the lower metal pipe goes across to the fuel heater.

This diagram might help, if not I can take a picture of mine.

OM605Pipes.jpg

hi there and thankyou for your reply, yes an actual picture would be very helpfull, I am ok with the plastic pipes its just the two rubber ones that connect to the metal pipes on the inner wing, does your car run with no bubbles as everyone on here seems to be struggling with the air in the pipes problem, I have just bought the M/B none return valve mod kit, hence taking the rubber pipes of and not taking note what went where.
thanks
bob

This is the best picture I could get with the manifold on:

TankPipes.JPG

The pipe on the left (lower pipe in the clamp) goes to the fuel heater.

Mine has air in the pipes, replacing the o-rings reduced the amount of air but I’ve still got some things left to try. I can get a clearer picture next week when I have the manifold off if that’s not clear.

Have you any pictures or part number for the mod kit?

Last edited:
yes thanks, that all makes sense now, regarding the part number on my parts reciept there are two numbers, so one or both is the part number, M/B will be able to sort it out once you qoute the numbers, MA202-470-01-93 and 01060610 the second number is the most likely one and will show as a valve on there parts system, the kit contains a one way valve which fits in the outlet pipe on the fuel tank (drivers side) and a electric controlled valve which goes into the fuel return pipe from the fuel filter, this bolts to the inner wing near the two metal pipes and it needs a 12 volt ignition controlled feed, the kit includes new rubber pipes, clips etc, make sure the valves are the rigt way round as they only flow in one direction the kit cost me around £130 inc vat but will stop the fuel running back to the tank when switched of or when filter removed etc

the electric valve has an arrow stamped on it showing the flow direction and the one way valve for the outlet pipe on tank does not but before fitting suck or blow through it to work out which way round to fit it, simples

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom