w202 c250td brake up grade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RICHIS

Car
c250 td
is it possible to fit c43 calipers straight on to the td with no other mods?

whats the size of the c43 discs whats the smallest wheels the fit under is there and other bolt up upgrades from other mbs that will fit ?

std brakes on mine are fine for normal driving ect but with some b road driving i can get the pedal to go soft some fade and smoke from the brakes.

cheers

I'd find and fix the problem before modifying the setup. Fewer variables that way

Nick Froome

there isnt a problem :S exept the brakes over heat due to my car carring more speed than a std car because of more power so a c43 or e36 brake upgrade should be a good idea for mine as the have over double the std power of mine as std

just wanted to know if there i direct fit or not

The size of the c43 discs are 334mm up front and 300 on the rear. Different brake calipers all round than standard w202's. The rears come from the c280. To improve things, I suggest you first get a complete brake renewal using OE brake components, some harder (more resistant) pads and flush and replace fluid with a top quality brake fluid. That should improve things no end. My second car is a c240T and when I drive it like if I stole it around the mountains here, it has NEVER suffered any significant brake fade. It does smell hot brakes from time to time though. My 43 also :D

Hi,
To answer your original question,
C43 brakes will fit directly to your car, with no modification.
Though how much better they will be without changing for the possible larger master cylinder and Servo from the 43 I don,t know.
I would suggest you look at the price of replacement front discs for a 43 before you decide, as they are expensive £200+ each!
I agree with others even with hard driving your standard brakes should not be behaving like this, check condition of your existing discs and pads, replace your hoses with Goodridge items (about £70 IIRC for a complete car set) and change your brake fluid.

ive found c43 discs on ebay for 124.oo a pair but with them being 334 i doubt there goin to fit under any thing smaller than 18s ? i had how ever found a set of w210 e36
calipers on ebay and they run a 294 disc would there bolt on.

you will be able too fit 17 inch alloys over the c43 set up as thats what the c43 had from factory

im sure i have a set of c43 calipers in the garage all cleaned up with pads i may sell them drop me a pm if interested

cant pm you due to me being new send me a email @ rjjcb (at) hotmail.co.uk didnt think the fit under 17s but if the left the factory with 17s they must do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom