w202 C250TD on veg oil - water injection methods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purps

Car
'99 W202 C250 TD (estate)
Ring gumming. Been reading various water injection threads with interest. One day I may set it all up properly with valves and pumps etc, but in the meantime, I was thinking pumped garden fence sprayer straight into plenum twice a year before the car's oil change and dino thrash.

My question, is what is the best number of revs and quantity of water to go for? Can one use too much water? By that I don't mean for pouring it all in at once! I've read once or twice that the engine should be under load when carrying out water injection - why is this? Is it necessary?

Cheers,
Matt.

Have done my first proper "water injection service" with about 1.5 litres of distilled water with a garden fence sprayer, with fast idle at 2500 rpm sat on drive way. Plan to do this every 6 months with the engine oil change. Comments/suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Matt.

A great way of decoking an engine provided you don't hydrolock the engine. Twice yearly is possibly excessive.

I've done it on a motorcycle engine using a fine mist garden sprayer. You have to use several thousand revs or it will stall but it did a reasonable cleaning job as judged by the appearance of the piston tops. Only ever did it the once after it occurred that steam cleaning the inside of a very expensive exhaust system might not be good idea. I did it just before an oil change but don't recall any noticeable contamination.

A quick adaption to a wallpaper steamer makes a good alternative.

Searching the VOD forum will be your best source of info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom