W202 C280 Windshield wiper problems.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angel512

Car
2000 Mercedes C280
Hello there!
So last week we got some freezing weather here in America. My windshield was cover in ice and I accidentally left my wiper on the night before, so when I turned on the car the following morning to start defrosting the windshield, the wiper starting moving. However because of the ice, the wiper got stuck midway and stopped moving since the ice was not letting it move. So once everything was defrosted, I removed everything I need to in order to access the windshield wiper motor, mind you, I replaced the wiper motor I think two years ago so I know how to access all this. Well to make a long story short, I noticed the nut that attached the assembly with the wiper motor was loosen to I tighten it and put everything back together again. However, once again when I turn on the wiper, it only goes up a few inches and it stops! I turn the switch to a higher wiper speed but it doesn’t move any more! I hear the motor working but everything I access the motor, the nut keeps getting loose! Would the problem lie on the wiper motor or the nut? Or could It be the whole assembly arm that needs to be replaced? Everything is lubed and has plenty of oil, so I really don’t think that could be the problem m.

Hello there!
So last week we got some freezing weather here in America. My windshield was cover in ice and I accidentally left my wiper on the night before, so when I turned on the car the following morning to start defrosting the windshield, the wiper starting moving. However because of the ice, the wiper got stuck midway and stopped moving since the ice was not letting it move. So once everything was defrosted, I removed everything I need to in order to access the windshield wiper motor, mind you, I replaced the wiper motor I think two years ago so I know how to access all this. Well to make a long story short, I noticed the nut that attached the assembly with the wiper motor was loosen to I tighten it and put everything back together again. However, once again when I turn on the wiper, it only goes up a few inches and it stops! I turn the switch to a higher wiper speed but it doesn’t move any more! I hear the motor working but everything I access the motor, the nut keeps getting loose! Would the problem lie on the wiper motor or the nut? Or could It be the whole assembly arm that needs to be replaced? Everything is lubed and has plenty of oil, so I really don’t think that could be the problem m.
Hi. Apply locktite to the thread and tighten the nut. Should do the job. Or get nylock nut, file it so becomes little thinner. Then tighten and the nylon should hold it. All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom