W202 C36 AMG Throttle issues…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnsnz

Car
C36 AMG
Hi,

My first post and I’m also based on Auckland NZ so forgive me if I stuff this up somehow.

I have a 95 W202 C36 that I’m currently working on as a project car I’ve had it a couple of months and have been working through issues such are refreshing the suspension and steering and now I’m moving onto engine issues.. one of which is the throttle.

I have what seems to be a sticky throttle.
The throttle Closes ok and I think I get the full range of motion. I have a small bit of initial throttle and then a bucket load which make in town driving a bit interesting.. a little bit of pedal pressure gives me a bit of throttle then nothing then lots of throttle.
The pedal is free and lubricated and I gave the throttle linkages a blast with crc (wd40).

I’m happy to go digging but greatful for some advice.

Thanks

John S

Possibly… How would I check? The throttle body is Non ASR and you can hear the motor / solenoid chirping happily when the key is energised. Car idles fine at around 6-700 rpm.

( what do the electronics on the non ASR TB actually do??)

I popped the intake tube off today and there was a bit of crud on the butterfly so I cleaned that off with some throttle body cleaner and a detailing brush.
Lubed all of the throttle link pivots and worked em back n forth they seem free enough.
I used the cable adjuster to tweak up all of the
(minimal) slack in the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom