W202 C36 Pre-Facelift wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike210

Car
W210 W202
Looking for a pre-facelift W202 AMG. Saloon or wagon considered, must not have or had any rust issues.

A few things to keep in mind having read your post:

All C36’s were pre-facelift - the C43 was the face lifted W202.

There were no C36 estates (sadly)

All of them have rusted at some point.

Great choice though - I loved mine - and last of the “real” AMGs.

A few things to keep in mind having read your post:

All C36’s were pre-facelift - the C43 was the face lifted W202.

There were no C36 estates (sadly)

All of them have rusted at some point.

Great choice though - I loved mine - and last of the “real” AMGs.
Perhaps I should have been more specific, some of the C36 came with the updated interior in line with W210. I am after the old style interior. I find the seats (spring rather than foam) more comfortable and the inside reminds me more of a W201. As for rust, if looked after well it need not take hold. I've a 1993 W202 with not a spec of it, garaged all its life and only second owner. Miracles do happen.

As for rust, if looked after well it need not take hold. I've a 1993 W202 with not a spec of it, garaged all its life and only second owner. Miracles do happen.
If you find a C36 in that condition then make sure you get some photos up because I’d love to see it!

Any photos of your W202 by the way?

If you find a C36 in that condition then make sure you get some photos up because I’d love to see it!

:D:D:D You have more chance of finding unicorn poo! :p

Looking for a pre-facelift W202 AMG. Saloon or wagon considered, must not have or had any rust issues.
Might as well look for a unicorn lol!

Yes there was a facelift on the early 202 (came with the flip-out keys (MBSS) smoked rear lights, clear repeaters etc.

I know of a very high spec (custom AMG build), early pre-facelift C36 saloon but it won’t be cheap.

FWIW, I’m sure the later facelift 202s rusted worse than the early cars. I had a 1996/97 pre-facelift C230K sport and there was no rust on it anywhere, it was owned by two of my friends afterwards and then went to a forum member on here - so they are out there! As far as I know when I last saw it, it was pretty much immaculate on the bodywork/rust side of things :cool:

They are out there - maybe look at a Japanese import if you’re worried about corrosion? :)

If you haven't got anything to contribute buddy then why bother? There are rust free cars out there so long as you have a realistic budget. Sure, 4k will buy you a rusty old dog but 14k will get you a minter without rust issues. Like I said, currently swanning around in a completely rust free 1993 W202 as a daily so I can't see how it would not be possible to find a 94/5 rust free example of a C36.

Yes there was a facelift on the early 202 (came with the flip-out keys (MBSS) smoked rear lights, clear repeaters etc.

I know of a very high spec (custom AMG build), early pre-facelift C36 saloon but it won’t be cheap.

FWIW, I’m sure the later facelift 202s rusted worse than the early cars. I had a 1996/97 pre-facelift C230K sport and there was no rust on it anywhere, it was owned by two of my friends afterwards and then went to a forum member on here - so they are out there! As far as I know when I last saw it, it was pretty much immaculate on the bodywork/rust side of things :cool:

They are out there - maybe look at a Japanese import if you’re worried about corrosion? :)
I guess the first question is; is it for sale?

It was for sale last year

If you haven't got anything to contribute buddy then why bother? There are rust free cars out there so long as you have a realistic budget. Sure, 4k will buy you a rusty old dog but 14k will get you a minter without rust issues. Like I said, currently swanning around in a completely rust free 1993 W202 as a daily so I can't see how it would not be possible to find a 94/5 rust free example of a C36.
Come on pal I've had a few fair motors and yet to see a rust free Mercedes from that era unless they been imported.
You sooner find a flying pig...
14k will get you a mint w211 55k not a C36 rust free.

It was for sale last year
You talking about the blue one?
If yes the owner paid over 20k for it and I'm pretty sure wouldn't sell it .

If you haven't got anything to contribute buddy then why bother?
What’s your problem?

You've posted a very vague wanted advert that has needed clarification on more than one occasion and I’ve posted two replies - one of which was trying to be helpful the other nicely asking to see any photos you might have of yours and you decide to get pissy?

What’s your problem?

You've posted a very vague wanted advert that has needed clarification on more than one occasion and I’ve posted two replies - one of which was trying to be helpful the other nicely asking to see any photos you might have of yours and you decide to get pissy?
Some people can't be told lol.

I have a press photo somewhere of a burgundy coloured C36 with the C43 body kit, complete with tartan seating.

They were available on the continent for a short period of time during the cross over.

I have a press photo somewhere of a burgundy coloured C36 with the C43 body kit, complete with tartan seating.

They were available on the continent for a short period of time during the cross over.
Did you see that after a few sherbet? Lol

Come on pal I've had a few fair motors and yet to see a rust free Mercedes from that era unless they been imported.
You sooner find a flying pig...
14k will get you a mint w211 55k not a C36 rust free.
Maybe you're buying wrong cars so?

What’s your problem?

The add is very clear really, C36, no mention of rust in the MOT history and after a simple facelift misunderstanding; old style interior.

Maybe you're buying wrong cars so?
Man really you busted my bubble!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom