w202 c36 waterpump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

horgantrevor

MB Enthusiast
Car
w202 c43 & w210 E220 CDI estate w219 W221
hi i found out what the noise was it is the bearing on the front of the water bump it is making a bad squeek when you start it up in the morning i sprayed it with chain grease for a motor bike to day and the nose went away but i could hear what i think is a faint noise of bearing

i also went out and striped an s class w140 m104 engine and the bump was teh same so i took it off to have a look it looks like the bearing in the front could be changed if i wanted too

also i see three bolts on the back of the water pump like an inspection cover or to remove the impeller am i correct if so has any one done this before

Hi mate

Sorry I can't help you with the details on your water pump but I replaced mine two days ago on my W202 C200. It too squeaked at start up for about a month. In the previous day to replacement it was making a horrible noise! I suggest you might be just as well to bite the bullet and get a new one as soon as. When I removed mine I could wiggle the pulley up and down about an eighth on an inch and when I removed the pulley it was full of iron filings :crazy: The bearing was shot to sh1t. Don't know how I made it home or how the hell it wasn't leaking water??? Funny but I can tell there is a lack of low background rumble I never noticed, but was obviously there, before I replaced it.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom