w202 c43 amg front fog lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

porterada83

Car
1999 C43 AMG
Hi All,
Got a really weird issue, i am hoping its a case of two bulbs having issues that are not visible but throwing it out there . my car has just come back from paint work. i had disconnected the front fogs before it went to paint there were working just fine. any way as i am putting back together for the life of me i cant get either of the front fog lights to work. i can hook my multi meter up and can see when the switched power is on that i am getting juice and a circuit to each sets of cable. is there anything weird I am missing?

Does the fog light switch on inside the main light housing?

There is a jumper wire which must be connected to the main unit otherwise it defaults to the standard main light

An earth? (The brown wire).
And best to use a testlight rather than a multimeter for the testing that you are doing 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

The wire I'm talking about is on post 2 on my How To thread from 2007 :)

Really weird one but it turned out to just be both bulbs although they were showing some continuity compared to the replacement ones I ordered were very low. So It did just turn out to be a simple replacement of the bulbs in he end. The filament was intact on the old ones and they visually looked fine . I have never had two go at the same time in that major but hey at least the car is full back together after the last round of rust and paint work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom