W202 C43 interior noise!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Feeble

Car
C43 AMG
Just when I think I'm getting used to all the creaks I get when I drive the car a new one starts, and this ones really annoying! I've had a creaky passenger seat for a while when I have no passenger or even just a little weight on it. I can live with that.

Now when I am driving at 20mph there is a very annoying and constant creaking coming from the dashboard near the A pillar! Does anyone know if there's a bolt or anything that I can get to which might dull the noise if tightened? This has only started today but the car's been sat for a week or so, don't know if that makes any difference...

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Did you check if anything is loose under the passenger seat, maybe a bolt which needs tightening?
If you remove plastic tray under the steering wheel, you could check for odd issues?
Sometimes dry leather can make strange creaks when it rubs into something, apply some leather grease it could possibly prevent noise.

Hello Kowalski

I will have a look under the dash for the source of the noise.

I actually fitted a full black interior in place of the original two tone, so I know the bolts are tight. The strange thing is the original seat squeaked as well when there was no weight on it, it was part of the reason I bought the new set! :rolleyes:

God day mate.

My rear seat folding backrest did squeak sometimes when the two folding back parts (dry leather) rubs into each other.
Simple solution was to apply some grease on the leather in between the folding parts and no more annoying squeaks.
Dry leather do make some funny noise sometimes.
I don't know if this info will help you?

Something must have come loose under the dash if you have a rattling sound?
My B-pillar belt cover in the upper corner next to the window frame do sometimes rattle.
When I put my finger and press on this area, rattle goes away.
Only happens on random occasions.
No car is cabin dead silent! :eek::(

Last edited:
Glad it's not just me. First run out in my new (to me) W202 C43 last week i was surprised by the number or creaks/squeeks from the leather.
My C36 has basic cloth and the difference is staggering. I will give the leather a good feeding and see if that helps

I have no squeaks from my leather seats.
I treat my leather every year.

Best way to do this time consuming conditioning job properly is to remove rear seat cushion from the car, clean and then work on the seat in your garage or at home.
I also unscrew and remove leather rear side supports.
Work on them thye they are off the car.
Then you can condition complete backrest leather without the other cushions in place.
I do this on my car.

You should know how well dampen a Mercedes is with all seat cushions in place and how much noise will accumulate in cabin from rear wheel well when cushions are removed.
If you want absolute dead silence then you should buy adhesive isolation mats.

For many years I always had my workshop nylon seat cover sheets on both front seats.
They are black and discrete.
A good investment if you want to protect your seats for many years.

Side bolsters do wear if you have rivets on your jeans and the leather do get some dry cracks.
Need to grease side bolsters minimum once or twice a year to keep them happy.
Workshop seat covers do protect from wear but not 100%.
Get them if you want to keep your seats happy for many years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom