W202 C43 Side Skirt Clips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Feeble

Car
C43 AMG
Hi guys

I am currently having my inner and outer sills repaired/replaced and my bodyshop man has asked me to source 12 securing clips for the side skirts.

They apparently go into the holes that you can see on the outer sills in the pictures here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/UoAYS5h1GTjfhEtF8

Does anyone know a part number for them? Any help or advice much appreciated! :)

Matt

Looks like they're doing a proper job on the car, looking good.

As for the clips, have you tried your local dealer? You may be pleasantly surprised. I got loads of stuff from mine when I needed bits for my 190E. Failing that, Mercedes Poole are the alleged "heritage centre" and tend to stock, or can acquire, earlier bits.

Are they the same as the standard covers' clips? I've got those.

That's quite a bad one! Did he expose the rear tow hook area?

Guess the clips are shown on one of these as applicable to code 772 (AMG Styling Package - front spoiler, side skirt): (two versions, first - upto 807, second - 808 onwards)

Attachments

• EPC 202.033 69.060 pic.pdf
    306.4 KB · Views: 18
  • EPC 202.033 69.060 lst.pdf
    279.6 KB · Views: 12
  • EPC 202.033 69.060 808 on pic.pdf
    307.9 KB · Views: 8
  • EPC 202.033 69.060 808 on lst.pdf
    279.2 KB · Views: 10
Looks like they're doing a proper job on the car, looking good.

As for the clips, have you tried your local dealer? You may be pleasantly surprised. I got loads of stuff from mine when I needed bits for my 190E. Failing that, Mercedes Poole are the alleged "heritage centre" and tend to stock, or can acquire, earlier bits.

Yes I think it is looking good. I had the wings and back arches done there last year and I was very impressed. I will try Southampton Mercedes for the clips, but I was hoping somebody had a part number. The lady who works there is very nice but takes a while to work out what I need over the phone.

Are they the same as the standard covers' clips? I've got those.

That's quite a bad one! Did he expose the rear tow hook area?

I dont really know exactly what the clips are supposed to look like. All I know is there are 6 each side and they go in the holes on the new sills.

And my rear two hook area is rotten too. He is removing the back bumper to mark up the size of repair panel I need and I will get that ready for next time... :confused:

Guess the clips are shown on one of these as applicable to code 772 (AMG Styling Package - front spoiler, side skirt): (two versions, first - upto 807, second - 808 onwards)

What's the difference between 807 and 808? Mine was made in 1999 if you can tell from that. :)

Hi Matt
I think by the time you are finished you will be buying all new securing clips for the skirts, ask me how I know!
I know exactly which ones you need remember buying them for mine, interpreting the diagram I think the clips that go in those holes is item no. 247 Pt.No. H WA 202 988 01 81, the diagram looks like them but it states that there is a total of 18 which makes 9 a side which is to many (unless they are used elsewhere other than the side skirts and 18 reflects the total used on the car).
When mine was welded up I ended up buying all new clips as we couldn't identify which were which, as I previously stated most of my clips were damage anyway once the shop had removed the skirts.

Thanks Andy. They have told me they need all 12 so I'm guessing they broke most of them as well.

What do you think about parts 245 and 248. There are 12 of those... :confused:

Codes 807 and 808 relate to model year of the vehicle within a decade: 807 is 1997 or 2007 or 2017, 808 is 1998 or 2008 or 2018.

So for a 1999 manufactured vehicle, should be shown on the second set, 808 onwards.

If you take the EPC diagram as a fair representation as what the parts look like then:
Item 248 though looks like it might fit but it is not applicable to option code 772 (AMG body kit).
Item 245, Is the wrong shape.
I still think its item 247 is the one you need the prefix of its Pt.No. HWA indicates its an AMG specific part, they clip into the underside part of the outer sill, once the skirt is in position item 246 (expanding rivet) then goes through the skirt into item 247 securing the skirt to the underside of the car/outer sill.
Hope that makes sense.

Hi Matt
I think by the time you are finished you will be buying all new securing clips for the skirts, ask me how I know!
I know exactly which ones you need remember buying them for mine, interpreting the diagram I think the clips that go in those holes is item no. 247 Pt.No. H WA 202 988 01 81, the diagram looks like them but it states that there is a total of 18 which makes 9 a side which is to many (unless they are used elsewhere other than the side skirts and 18 reflects the total used on the car).
When mine was welded up I ended up buying all new clips as we couldn't identify which were which, as I previously stated most of my clips were damage anyway once the shop had removed the skirts.

Before I ring them Andy, is there another part number I need for the part number 246? Or should they come as a pair?

Expanding rivet = A 000 990 46 92

They had the clips at Milton Keynes Mercedes and are sending them down for me. Cost a cool £40 but at least its sorted! Cheers chaps! :D

They had the clips at Milton Keynes Mercedes and are sending them down for me. Cost a cool £40 but at least its sorted! Cheers chaps! :D

Who said it's cheap owning a Benz?
Premium pricetags on parts for old cars! :rolleyes::eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom