W202 C43 to W210 facelift Mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobby

Car
1999 C43 AMG
Dear All,

1 - What are the part numbers?

2 - How much do the mirrors cost?

3 - Currently my old mirrors fold - will the new ones blink dim and fold from installation?

4 - Do bodyshops know how to fit these to a W202? I don't think I could splice wires etc!

5 - Finally, do they need to be painted?

many thanks

Dear All,

1 - What are the part numbers?
2 - How much do the mirrors cost?
3 - Currently my old mirrors fold - will the new ones blink dim and fold from installation?
4 - Do bodyshops know how to fit these to a W202? I don't think I could splice wires etc!
5 - Finally, do they need to be painted?

1. You can find them on ebay and breakers like mercman in southampton
2.The mirrors brand new will cost you about 200-250 quid a side
3. If you find blinking and folding mirrors on ebay or from a breaker you can wire them directly to fold, blink and dim
4. Get an auto electrician to fit them there are instructions on this forum, I'll dig them out later.
5. The covers will need to be painted to match your car unless you can get them ready painted from the seller.

1. You can find them on ebay and breakers like mercman in southampton
2.The mirrors brand new will cost you about 200-250 quid a side
3. If you find blinking and folding mirrors on ebay or from a breaker you can wire them directly to fold, blink and dim
4. Get an auto electrician to fit them there are instructions on this forum, I'll dig them out later.
5. The covers will need to be painted to match your car unless you can get them ready painted from the seller.

£250 a side - wow that is expensive! Will start to check the classifieds :crazy:

Part numbers would help if possible.

bobby if u ever replace your mirrors, give us a shout cuz i'll buy your old ones! :)

Hi,
I have just completed this mod though the mirrors are not fitted as yet (waiting to get the covers and I.R. parts of my front door handles painted).
You will need apart from the mirrors themselves,
Plug parts from your original mirrors (or sourced from breakers, part unavailable from MB), they are two plugs grafted together, separate plugs are available but I think you would have problems fitting them behind the mirror when fitted.
About 4-5m of cable for the blinker hook-up (spliced into the LH & RH indicators in the cable trunk adjacent to the door separation plugs each side of the car).
Solder pins for the above hook up (to go into existing round mirror plug socket car side) 2 per side, 4 total, Pt, no, A 003 545 48 26.
Solder pins for the original round plug (to be soldered on the new mirrors) Pt. No. A 017 545 63 28. (6 on the drivers side, and 4 on passenger side, 10 in total).
Crimp pins for the original rectangular plug (to be crimped on the new mirrors) Pt. No. A 019 545 56 28. (5 of these required per side, 10 in total).
If you require the driver's door mirror to auto-dim you will require an additional cable loom from the door separation point to the rear view mirror (which will have to be an auto dimming one for the door mirror dimming to work). Loom Pt. No. A 202 440 13 08. approx. £20. I have enough of the solder connectors to do another set, where in the UK are you? You get the mirrors i,ll put the pins/connectors on for you if you want.
(A big thanks to Alps for the pt. no.s of the electrical connectors).

Or of course W210 E-class pre-face-lift.

Or of course W210 E-class pre-face-lift.

I don't really want to spend a shed load of cash on buying mirrors I'm going to dismantle, I know of a W140 lying idle so the mirrors could be taken off that legitimately.

if the mirrors are only heated, they will not be suitable, the mirrors will have to have memory and/or dimming and/or folding option otherwise it won,t have the correct connector.

Hi,

I have enough of the solder connectors to do another set, where in the UK are you? You get the mirrors i,ll put the pins/connectors on for you if you want.
(A big thanks to Alps for the pt. no.s of the electrical connectors).

Thanks for to offer Andy! I'm trying to source a set now, I'll contact you when I find some

No problem, just PM me when you want them done.

Update: Many thanks to NickMercedes who supplied me with 2x W210 mirror motors and housings. Now just need the glass, and then I'm on my way to So'ton!

W210 Mirrors now installed by Andy27168

Pics to follow soon - Andy thanks for all your hard work, you're a legend!

W210 Mirrors now installed by Andy27168

Pics to follow soon - Andy thanks for all your hard work, you're a legend!

Copy Cat.

Well done, i bet they look great all you need to do now is to have the front wing indicators blanked. :)

well done! id wait till your arches start rusting (they will at some point) then get the wings blanked!

defo a worhtwhile mod, and makes the 202 look more modern!

Can someone explain what this "blanked" term means exactly? :confused:

Can someone explain what this "blanked" term means exactly? :confused:

If you put into the search engine Black shiny AMG C Class and scrool down you will see a couple of photo's of my C43 which has been blanked that nigel cross posted

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom