W202 C43 to W210 facelift Mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Alps, Hopefully we can arrange a London meet again soon as I'd love to see your car! Maybe get Andy and Peter to come along too and get an AMG C-Class photo shoot going :)

Hi,
Glad you are pleased with your new mirrors Bobby and they suit the car far better than i thought, as yours are the first i have seen fitted to a W202 in the flesh so to speak, its just a shame i had to rob your original W202 mirrors of their connectors.
For information if you look on the EPC i believe you can buy a front wing for a W202 with the wing side repeater already blanked out but as the wheel arches are rolled on the C43 (and my C230K for that matter even though it only had 15" rims from the factory) i,m not sure wether these would be rolled as well.

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...GM=717.460&CT=F&cat=44V&SID=88&SGR=015&SGN=01

But to be perfectly honest i like the look with the original wing repeaters and the new mirror repeaters working together, so i don,t think when i finally fit my W210 mirrors i,ll be removing my original ones, but i,ll wait and see i may change my mind once there fitted

As far as I know, no W202's had their arches rolled from factory. C43s had additional plastic lips to cover the wider wheels.

Countries such as the USA had W202's specced without side repeators. I doubt your local dealer would order them, even if they did the price would be far more to purchase them and deliver them than the cost of a local bodyshop filling in your existing wing and re-spraying.

As far as I know, no W202's had their arches rolled from factory. C43s had additional plastic lips to cover the wider wheels.

Countries such as the USA had W202's specced without side repeators. I doubt your local dealer would order them, even if they did the price would be far more to purchase them and deliver them than the cost of a local bodyshop filling in your existing wing and re-spraying.

If anyone does want to do this, I've got 2 new (real ones) W202 wings without indi holes....

Hi,
Both my C classes have rolled wheel arches, and so does Bobbies and he has the additional wheel arch lips as well.
Neither of mine have ever had the lips fitted either.

I stand corrected said the man in the orthopedic shoes :)

Last edited:
I,ll compare the data cards from mine and bobbies AMG and see which option code those lips are.
I think the rolled arches are an option too i,ll have to compare my C230K to AMGs too as i think the option is titled somthing like chassis modification for AMG alloys/wheels.

Hi Andy,

Are you planning on releasing pictures and howto for this? I recently bought two w210 folding mirrors for my w202 (which also has folding and heated mirrors but without the mirror repeaters). I plan installing them when the weather will be adequate, for example in spring. But I don't know how to do it.

Hi,
I never actually fitted the folding facility as both of my W202's had folding mirrors from the factory.
If you look in the HOW TO section there is a thread on this.
I do have a WIS worksheet on retro fitting folding mirrors if you send me a PM with your e-mail i,ll send it to you.
For information prefacelift 210 mirrors and 202 mirrors are the same.

i have always wanted to do this mod i think it looks great. Very envious that i cant call a friend to come help me complete it.... I love to pimp folding mirrors!

i have always wanted to do this mod i think it looks great. Very envious that i cant call a friend to come help me complete it.... I love to pimp folding mirrors!
Hey mate, I want't to do the modding too. I've bought the mirrors but I'm waiting for the weather to clear up. Maybe I'll do the modding in spring. If you do it before, please take some pictures of the process. That would be a huge help for those who don't know how to do it. :)

lol,

i'd love to know how to do it too....

i'm pretty sure i could manage it but i won't be doing it anytime soon..
Beside i made a choice today to sell my baby and start saving for a
beautiful C43... that is not my goal

but i think you could utilize the skills of a few others on here to help you out :)

anybody know how to remove casing for this model side mirror? w210 as below picture?

0a5bee6ce141.jpg

Hi,
If you look at the video below, though it is for the earlier 210 version, when you fold the mirror back you will see a stainless clip in approx the same place as the wire clip in the video, with a flat blade screwdriver release this clip, once released the mirror glass will have to be manually moved to freely remove the cover from the mirror.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C9cZTLeAM4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom