W202 C43 - uncommon colour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like that a lot, I think the 202’s have aged really well

I like it a lot too. For me it's a pity the wheels aren't all black or all silver but that's a minor issue. Looks in good order but photo's can be deceptive.

It does look in good order. The MOT history isn't too bad overall. I would want to be checking the achilles heel of this one thoroughly. To be fair they are pretty solid cars mechanically and are pretty straight forward to work on.
There is only three main things to look for....rust, rust and more rust! :)

Colour and plate is a winner in my book, although I prefer them without that boot spoiler!

If I had space (and some spare cash!) i'd buy that now - is good value imo and possibly one of very few in that colour, I've never seen one in that colour either. Good C43's seem to be increasing in value each year and I can only see this continuing.

Agree, wheels look terrible but could be changed. Lovely motor :rock:

Was Jays 43 wagon that colour ? His had the matching red designo seats as well which was just munch

Jays wagon was indeed that colour. As I am becoming well acquainted with the W202, I would say this is good value providing it all checks out.

They can swallow up money quite quickly with the bodywork and some parts are difficult to source if you want OEM, like the sills they are NLA!

Jays wagon was indeed that colour. As I am becoming well acquainted with the W202, I would say this is good value providing it all checks out.

They can swallow up money quite quickly with the bodywork and some parts are difficult to source if you want OEM, like the sills they are NLA!

That's handy to know. I've got to get mine done within the next couple of months. Any idea where is best to buy a pair from?

I do like the rare colour C43s!

I bought a patented one for approx £100 IIRC, as I had 1 OEM one which I had sourced. As I was still collecting parts whilst doing the mechanical side of things on my project, I managed to source another OEM sill which was the one I needed! needless to say, I bought that too. I took me about a year, but it goes to show they do come up, very rarely but they do. It was from eBay from a seller who unfortunately knew how hard they were to come by so there was no margin to negotiate!

To be honest when comparing it to the none OEM one I had, there was no noticeable difference, except for storage marks.

Sold already.

Was for sale by the previous owner on the C36/C43 facebook page a few months ago. Needed a jacking point and the bonnet was dull.

Was for sale by the previous owner on the C36/C43 facebook page a few months ago. Needed a jacking point and the bonnet was dull.

Correct looks like its had a cheap bonnet spray job for a small profit as the shade is quite off with the wing. Its come up for sale in the past too, the front bumper bar is still missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom