w202 C43 vs C36

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wish I'd seen that before:wallbash:

Trouble with looking at car ads on phones. That said even viewing the ad on my pc, it looks far better than reality. Really the whole car needs a full re-paint. The distorted rear bumper isn't just the top line either, the bottom is hanging down on the r/h side, which can't really be seen in the shadow on their pics.

This one looks nice. 7 previous owners though, so current owner the 8th, which may be a concern. I guess cars like this can/do often change hands frequently though when people realise that maintenance may cost a few quid? I like them in that colour too. Anyone familiar with this one?

Auto Trader logo

Shame your 1st viewing was not as you hoped. Interesting insight into the garage advert though, as they do seem so have a lot of decent metal in there.

Regards C43 PAD, that has been up for a while I am sure. It is the vrm that sticks in my mind. Don't think its been on the forum though, certainly looks nice!

Like the look of this C36 too, but its up that bloody north!!:D Don't mind travelling, but long way if its not what you expect.

Mercedes C CLASS (202) C 36 1996

Like the look of this C36 too, but its up that bloody north!!:D Don't mind travelling, but long way if its not what you expect.

The bloody north eh! :mad:

As we like to keep you southerners down there, if you are seriously considering the 36, I may be able to go and view it for you, to at least give you a heads up, to allow you time to sort your passport out for travelling up narf!;)

The bloody north eh! :mad:

As we like to keep you southerners down there, if you are seriously considering the 36, I may be able to go and view it for you, to at least give you a heads up, to allow you time to sort your passport out for travelling up narf!;)

:D:D Cheers Abb. Wouldn't expect that mate. I think I need to try and find a worthy c36 more locally as I've not even had a proper look at one and may not like it. Although the more I've thought about it there's something that is starting to appeal more to me about the c36. As said initially, I have always fancied a c43 and never even given the c36 a second thought. Now I'm considering it, the simpler cleaner lines of the 36 have grown on me and there's something about it being the first official amg and that they really worked the engine. I really need to view one and have a drive to compare with the c43.

Reactions: Abb
Regards C43 PAD, that has been up for a while I am sure. It is the vrm that sticks in my mind. Don't think its been on the forum though, certainly looks nice!

It stuck in my mind too, likely due to this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@simon1966, sorry to hear your first look did not go well, but it helps paint the picture of what to look for.
There are the odd diamond in the rough, they are few and far between.
I would not be put off by a higher miles, well maintained one. When I was on the search for a C36 I very nearly bought a 175k mile one, it wore its miles very well.

I would not be put off by a higher miles, well maintained one. When I was on the search for a C36 I very nearly bought a 175k mile one, it wore its miles very well.
I’d echo that - it’s likely that “low” milers have been clocked and you’re effectively paying twice - once for the “low” mileage and then to repair bits you didn’t think you’d be replacing.

If possible, look for length of ownership and actual physical invoices.

It was advertised on the facebook C36/C43 page recently, seller updated around a week ago that it was sold.

There is a C43 saloon in Silver advertised on there currently for £8500, looks good and MOT history shows not corrosion issues.
(can't link to it as it is a closed group) Also worth looking at the W202 UK FB page.

If I was looking at spending around £10k, I would be all over the titanite red estate mentioned on page 1 of this thread.

I have just been accepted on the c36/43 FB group so can now keep an eye out on there.

It stuck in my mind too, likely due to this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@simon1966, sorry to hear your first look did not go well, but it helps paint the picture of what to look for.
There are the odd diamond in the rough, they are few and far between.

Ah yes that's why it looked familiar to me too. I'd seen that video before. Not most inspirational presenter, but looks a nice car.

I guess I need to get my wagon up for sale!

Just keep the good one then, you know you want to. :)

We'll see Dave. Had a good chat with the w202 amg expert on Saturday. Think he feels I'm going to struggle finding a c36/43 I'm happy with that would come close to comparing with condition of my wagon:dk:
I dont mind if it needs a little fettling, but seems what most people describe as mint or vgc isn't in line with what I would call it!!

May be difficult with a w202 generally as they're prone to rust and a bit more rust. I'm going to try and get to see a c36 later this week. Looks decent but.....?

Yes I agree Simon, the 202 is prone to lots of rust and you will never find a 202 to compare to your mint wagon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom