W202 C55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Conflicting information? On the Internet???? :crazy:

Cheers,

Gaz

Bobby - I hear what you're saying about the history and everything, but if i was offered 2 cars, which do almost exactly the same thing (which they would in this case if u did the job right), but one differed in price from the other by £5K-£7K say, i'd be inclined to go for the cheaper option, if it was done properly. Sorry thats just my view :)

No need to apologise:) Each to his own

Which states that the E63 weighs 1840Kg. (ok i know the W210 E55 will be slightly lighter, but not that much lighter)

your comparing apples and oranges, old C class, small engine, unknown spec with new E class, enourmous engine and high spec which is why I said you needed to compare an E230 with your C class of a similar spec, (electric moving seats etc all add weight,) for a fair comparison and howard has come up trumps with a weight around the 1600kg

what ever happened to that salvage c43 that was bought by a forum member which already had a E55K engine in it, all it needed was the management unit?

I know someone who has done the c43-55 conversion and didnt have any probs, last time i saw him abt 2 years back he had a crated 55 kompressor engine waiting to go in, he moved his garage and hence lost contact wit ht the guy.

Anything is possible with the correct tools, knowhow and funds!

Hi,
Yes that was exactly what I was wondering, especially as the sale has coincided with the revival of this thread! :)

Just curious - the consensus seems to be that a 55k engine would be the biggest to fit in the 202 - but, money no object, would it even be humanly possible to ever fit one of the current 6 litre AMG units in there?

Go Olly GO!!!! Cant wait to see this (if what i'm thinking is true) :D

Hi,
Like i said the sale of that CLK55 engine on E-Bay did seem to correspond with the revival of this thread ;) , but that engine won,t go straight into a W202 as it has a different wiring loom and additional emission system components, should,nt be to great an issue though just means the 43 engine loom will have to be fitted to the 55 engine, and the additional components removed.
I got a feeling a 43 AMG engine will be on the market soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom