W202 Child seats ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alfamale

Car
1996 C180 Classic
I have a W202 C-Class which I am very happy with but now have three children requiring child seats ... does anyone know whether there's a way to securely fit a child seat in the middle of the rear bench seat where the lap belt is? Such as Isofix, etc.?

Thanks in advance for your help as I'd rather not get rid of the car just because it has a lap belt in the rear ...

I have a W202 C-Class which I am very happy with but now have three children requiring child seats ... does anyone know whether there's a way to securely fit a child seat in the middle of the rear bench seat where the lap belt is? Such as Isofix, etc.?

Thanks in advance for your help as I'd rather not get rid of the car just because it has a lap belt in the rear ...

i dont think any seat comes with just lapbelt fitting anymore. nor does ISOFIX come on a W202 and i doubt anyone would want to retrofit it for liabliluty reasons.

your best bet is to get a 3-point belt retrofitted here.

this company can help:

http://www.quickfitsbs.com/

did later W202's ever have centre 3-point belts? i have no idea but if so you could probably get the parts from a scrapper and convert to yours......?

i am facing the same issues in my R107 which has lapbelts in the rear. The above company seems very good to deal with.

Last edited:
Thanks very much - I'll give that company a try. I don't believe that any W202 ever came with three full belts in the back and I had been told that it couldn't be converted but I'll check it out and post back. Thansk again!

That's great - it was the Mercedes dealer in Cork, Ireland (nearest dealer to where I live) who told me it couldn't be done and I assumed they'd know what they were talking about ... lucky I checked here! Thanks again, I'll contact them

no probs. i still intend on fitting one of these to my W124 that also has a lap belt in the centre.

will probably do both cars at the same time when i sort the belt for the R107

stick around on the forum. :)

Certainly an excellent solution. The only issue I can see with it is the cost: the Minimac starts at about £1099, whilst the lab belt adapter costs about £100 plus fitting - my mechanic would charge about the same to fit it, I'd guess. And seeing as my car is probably not worth much more than £1099 ... :)

Graco Auto baby, we have the US version (snug ride) and that fits with just the lap belt!

Kate

Thanks Kate - our youngest might a little big for that now but interesting to know that you can get lap belt car seats - we were told that you couldn't so just goes to show how knowledgeable most shop staff are ... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom