w202 classic retrofitting leather interior

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pimpmyc250td

Car
c250tdw202
Hi

ebay has turned up a w202 blue leather interior off an m reg (poss elegance) w202, with powerseats , includes door cards , steering wheel , all wood , console and carpets and rear seats with rear arm rest, and power rear windows..

i am now thinking about fitting to my p reg w202 classic, blue dash, black steering wheel , blue carpets cloth interior and manual seats, and rear wind up windows.

how difficult is it to retrofit power seats, rear seat and doorcards never done it before so lots of questions, and the possible pit-falls, not bothered about having a ski hatch...but rear arm rest would be nice..

what do i need to put power to the seats ( parts and approx cost, seller is checking if he still have to looms - as car is being stripped)

I am the only driver, so never adjust the seats and as testing electric seats are now an MOT item, dont want to fall foul at MOT time..

so either have to have full electric or could i just replace the leather covers for the current cloth ones. if seats are the same shape..or is it possible to swap the front seats and have manual seat runners instead eg are the seat bass the same?

donor interior on ebay currently, and in south east and i am up north.. seller is sending additional pics, so i may have a better idea as to what will fit or not...over the next couple of days..

To put the power seats in, you will need the looms which cost, now wait for it 150 quid per side if you buy them new. I seem to remember a fellow member had some looms available for power front seats. You will need to remove the door partition points found in the driver and passenger footwells and then put the looms in. The looms attach at the back of the car in the boot to the fusebox and then the front of the car to the other fusebox. It shouldnt take you any longer than a few hours and alot of patience. The rest of the the interior is pretty much plug and play.

If you need any help, I will come and help you put the interior into your car. Thats if you can wait until after the 23rd of this month.

am waiting for the seller to see if he still has the looms and some extra pics of the interior...

cheers NW merc ,i may take you up on your very very kind offer

There is no rush to this as the car is going away for some paint for a week from next week, then i will be away on business for a few weeks.

More than happy to wait for the weather to warm up too..brass monkeys at the mo!

Yes, you could easily remove the leather covers and switch them onto your seat frames. An hours job at most to do all 4 covers including removing/refitting seats.

Hi,
I have retro fitted a C43 electric, heated and orthodox seats into my C230k, you will need the door looms for the switches and the chassis loom, I salvaged this from a doner C43 which in my case included half the boot mounted fuse box (cars with little or no options will have only 1 row of fuses with electric seats you will need 2 of these fuse rows), as the seat motors are fed from there. The front fuse box from memory only powers the seat relay which you also have to fit in the boot, this relay is also wired to the front door courtesy switches as well.
To install the looms you will need to have seats and front carpet removed, centre console, drivers side kick panel and open up the cable ducting on the entire drivers side and the ducting across the front floor from one side of the car to the other.
I also fitted seat heating as well which required the stereo to be removed and the switch panel, with the bits I fitted it took me approx. 3 days total from start to finish, though a long time it was well worth the effort, and you would,nt be able to tell that the car never had electric, heated seats from build, wiring wise anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom