W202 comand or pioneer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amg3.6

Car
C55 Amg White W202
Hi im in two minds wether to retro fit comand or aftermartket double din pioneer.

I want all the integration such as bluetooth and i pod and nav, this is easily done by the aftermarket pioneer its pretty good. I also want this to sync with the cluster which is pretty hard or impossible on the pioneer. And if i go for comand i will have to add these and they not cheap.

What do you guys reckon shall i go with comand and which one will fit my w202? A part no would be great

Or shall i go for with pioneer?

Hi,
I decided against this MOD because of the perceived limitations of the early COMMAND system and the lack of an OEM double din option, i did,nt want to chop the original dash panels, how do you intend to do yours? use a w210 or 208 COMMAND mounting chassis?
I personally would go for the aftermarket solution and purchase a steering wheel adapter.
But intially i would get the stereo steering wheel display and control functions working with the original stereo intially then do the double din stereo mod.

I personally want to put the aftermarket pioneer. If i could get it to sync with cluster i would do this straight away. Ive managed to find an adaptor for w210 that will do basic functions such as volume and source for pioneer from the mf steering.

If only i could get the nav info and track info in the cluster then i would definately go with pioneer is this possible?

I dont think you would get the nav info etc on a w202 anyway installing the Comand 2.0. And no you cant do that with an aftermarket unit either.

I personally want to put the aftermarket pioneer. If i could get it to sync with cluster i would do this straight away. Ive managed to find an adaptor for w210 that will do basic functions such as volume and source for pioneer from the mf steering.

If only i could get the nav info and track info in the cluster then i would definately go with pioneer is this possible?

Do have link for this?

I am installing mf steering and cluster so if i installed comand i would see info in the cluster

What do you mean?

Do you have a web link to place where I could buy that kind adaptor. Im in a place between replacing stock sound over Pionieer HU. But I would love to keep steering wheel control - at least to some stage.

You need to look at the connects2 website and get the steering wheel adapter for your car, this will give you the harness needed to convert from the Merc loom to the Pioneer and will give you steering wheel controls too.

I think the Pioneer F920BT does a great job of blending in with cars and not looking out of place, the fact you can match the illumination of the unit perfectly helps this and then you can set the fonts etc. on screen to a matching yellow colour as well.

I very nearly went for one in my W211, but the fascias let it down slightly and the fact I could get a NTG2.5 comand for under £600 compared with £900 for the Pioneer with the cables and fascia made me think twice.

Plus the later comand has SD reader and a hard drive to store music made it win.

A do have one will post it later

Have checked the connects2 website they havent got any interface for w210

I went for an alpine double din unit in my 202,having modified the dash panel itself. Have since updated my headunit but again for a double din. (you gotta love the touch screen) However amg 36 if you replace the steering wheel with the multi function one alpine do a block connecter so you can control there headunit with the oem buttons on the steering wheel

I was thinking off alpine as i have rear screens which are alpine. Doing research on if i can have info like nav, phone and track info in the cluster with aftermarket headunit. Have you got a pic of your aline in your w202?

Have a look on the members albums things my cars on there with a pic of the dash

iv upgraded my headunit since then to the w505 7" screen with sat nav and hands free phone

Did you make the double din your self or had it done?

The dash panel i had to get modified and then wrapped in carbon but the actual support holding the cage for the headunit is the same as the tutorial on here about fitting command

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom