W202 Corrosion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maxwell

Car
w202(96) Sold w202 (00) & W203 (06) WO W213 (18)
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
I went in the dealer for a quote for the corrosion around the boot lock and wheel arches, the sent me to their bodyshop in the body shop i was told it rust from inside that MB should do it under warranty. They took photo of the corrosion, and sending me the quote, I have no service history :confused:

1. Should i go to the dealer and tell them what the bodyshop said ?. or
2. Just write to the HQ and see how it goes

Any tips

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:
Thanks

Give them no more then 14 days to get back to you (if no joy then go escalate with Dc Milton Keynes etc.

They may well come back to you soon and authroise all repairs.

What year is your car if you don't mind me asking - is it saloon or estate?

Good luck with claim. Hopefully it shall go through fine.

Flash

Flash said:
What year is your car if you don't mind me asking - is it saloon or estate?
Judging by other thread content it's a 1996 C180 saloon.

The bootlock thing isn't uncommon, my previous W202 was starting to bubble around the hole in the bootlid where the lock/button was. I was tempted to have the thing welded up and painted rather than just get it repaired, easier on a facelift though due to remote boot release...

Shude said:
I was tempted to have the thing welded up and painted rather than just get it repaired, easier on a facelift though due to remote boot release...

Would be a nightmare if the remote release button stopped working one day :crazy:

mamoor_dewan said:
Would be a nightmare if the remote release button stopped working one day :crazy:
It's also on the keyfob, in fact I mostly use the one on the keyfob.

I can now recall 3x W202 saloons and 1 estate now rusting/warranty claim on this forum. Jimmy had his estate, Steve Perry with his vivante green saloon and there was another black saloon down Mersyside that had to go into bodyshop couple of times. There was also another W202 saloon in Azuite blue that had rust but claim was turned down because some panels had been resprayed by the previous owner.

I just hope that MB have sorted all this out now on the new cars.

Flash

That was a nice C240 too. I can remember those nice alloys that u put on it as well...

Flash

Thanks,
Yeah I still miss it everytime I see a silver 202 :(

Flash said:
That was a nice C240 too. I can remember those nice alloys that u put on it as well...

Flash

Flash said:
I just hope that MB have sorted all this out now on the new cars.

Flash

Yes they have.

It's amazing what removing the burrs from the stampings and then adding a bit of zink can do.

You would have thought MB designers would have known this before now, wouldn't you. ;) ;) :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom