W202 - cutting off power on ignition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Labrathor W202

Car
1998 C Class 180 Auto W202
Hi guys. I'm experiencing new problem on my 1.8 petrol W202 from 1998.

After driving I want to switch ignition off but in to that position where Stereo is still working (hope u know what ai mean). insted my car loose completely all power. Clocks, central, lights, hazard lights....like if you disconnect battery. No power at all. Only option how to get power back is to spark positiv cable on batery (take a few tries) then is all good for a while. Any ideas? I chcecked ground wire...thats all what I can think about. Thanks a lot for any ideas

In post 98 facelift cars the electronic ignition switch unit module N73 is linked to other electronic modules in the car via the canbus. [ A wired data highway] It sounds as if is losing communication links with the rest of the car. Disconnecting and then reconnecting the battery [ rather than sparking!] probably resets the communication link. You need to get the car checked on Star. All you can do yourself is check all electrical connections and wiring in this area are good and that there are no loose /faulty relays in the relay box.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom