W202 - Do Sport and Elegance have different shocks ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
alright,

I know they have different springs but euros have the same part numbers for the shocks ?? anyone know ??

cheers

brett

Bringing this thread back from the dead (cheers google), but I'm wondering if ECP or me is going mad. The different models (elegance, sport, etc) do have different springs right?? The part numbers are the same for both models on ECP so I'm somewhat confused.

Definitely different springs. As for different shocks between models I wouldn't be concerned if replacing the originals. I'd just buy Bilstein B4's etc.

Last edited:
From the factory the sport and elegance shocks were different but MB now only do one size fits all shocks. I just ended up looking up the part numbers from sachs and bought from there.

I bought new springs from MB using the points system but sat waaay to high (even with the lowest shims) so just ended up buying another set direct from germany and they fit lovely

From the factory the sport and elegance shocks were different but MB now only do one size fits all shocks. I just ended up looking up the part numbers from sachs and bought from there.

I bought new springs from MB using the points system but sat waaay to high (even with the lowest shims) so just ended up buying another set direct from germany and they fit lovely

But did you lower the spring seats to the lowest setting!!!

I'd never buy springs from mb again

Oh how we laughed after they were fitted as I bounced off down the road like a escapee from wacky races !

I personally think they supplied the heavy duty springs, "we don't make mistakes, sir"

Thanks all for the clarification. Managed to source some sport springs potentially so all is well. Odd that you can no longer buy specific trim level springs from ECP as I doubt people with sport suspension would want their car riding that much higher. Oh well. Cheers guys, GA.

GA, PM replied to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom