W202 Door Handle Help Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyjester900

Car
C200 W202
Hi guys,

I took my car to a mechanic too get looked over at the request of the person who was interesed in purchasing my car.

I got it back today and one if the &#*%ing mechanics at the place obviously decided that the button wasn't working so he used the key to get in the car.

and pushed it straight threw the little lights in the door.

As u'd expect he is saying he didn't do it and i am insainly angry at this point.

My question is can someone please inform me of what needs to be done to fix this??

IMG_0424.jpg

Hi,
Sorry to see the state of the door handle, to replace the part, open the door and on the inside of the door remove the rubber door seal in the area of the part and you will see a small aperture insert a 4mm or 5mm IIRC allen key, undue it till the outer part becomes loose and should just pull out after some gentle wriggling, unplug it ensuring you don,t lose the plug back inside the door, and refitting is the reverse of the above, if you do a search on the forum for colour coded door handles you maybe lucky and find some pics illustrating this process.

Thanks andy,

The actual door handle electrics is still fine, the lights still flash green and red when the car is locked and unlocked can the cover or the area the is brocken be replaced?

or repaired..

I just really want to avoid the cost of replacing the whole unit..

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom