W202 ECU problem?

Discussion in 'Engine' started by danie_l2003, Apr 6, 2014.

1. danie_l2003

danie_l2003 Member

Car:
    W202 C180 Facelift
    Hi, looks like I`ve got the problem with my R-reg C180 W202. Car starts and drives, however it feels underpower, like Iam towing caravan all the time. Iam getting poor MPG as well. Got it pluged in to Carsoft and HFM scan results are belove. Cleared all errors, drove the car for 2 miles, scanned again and all errors are back. Any ideas? Is my ECU dead? Thanks for any help.

Below screen shots from carsoft. Actual errors are same as stored.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Remote11

Remote11 New Member

Car:
    C180
    hi did you manage to sort this?

3. Simzy

Simzy Banned

Car:
    C220
    That is a **** load of faults

4. OP
    OP
    danie_l2003

danie_l2003 Member

Car:
    W202 C180 Facelift
    Hi,

Didn't get it sorted yet,I mean all errors are still there. However I got my oxygen sensor replaced on Friday and car drives a lot better, not sure about mpg improvement. Wonder if all them errors can be related to poor ground on some wires?

5. hfmscan

hfmscan New Member

Car:
    W210 E240
    Carsoft may show errors which are not.
    such as photo shown that the volume of motor 1.0? Is that true?
    or I see bad and there 1.8?

Try the program hfmscan, it works including the adapter CarSoft 7.4
    so it is possible to make the diagnosis engine, read readme_eng.txt (file located in the archive with the program)

6. grober

grober MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    Remember these programs measure voltages- they then " interpret" from there to a fault. It sounds as if there some form of problem with the car's voltage supply to cause all those faults. Some faults are " latching" and need to be cancelled before they disappear. You need to cancel them check they have gone and then run the car again to see if they return. These cars are known to develop wiring faults to the two ignition coils hidden under the coverplate on the camcover. This can be coil failure or insulation failure on the LT wiring from the engine ECU. Short circuits there can cause lots of weird electrical faults and in the worst case scenario fry the ignition transistors in the ECU.

7. hfmscan

hfmscan New Member

Car:
    W210 E240
    95% sure that it works Carsoft 7.4 problems or problems in the diagnostic connector (bad ground or more) ...
    because such error 80 (knock sensor 2) can not be on this motor in principle ... and probably other errors have on M104