W202 Electrical Fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaddyEnglish86

Car
Mercedes W202 C250TD
Indicators have stopped working although the hazards work, windows don't open, boot open button doesn't work and central locking doesn't work. All of this has happened simultaneously. I have visually checked all of the fuses but not with a meter. Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks

Happened to me out of the blue,pulled over scratched my head,tried hazards,they
worked,tried windows indicators and wipers,all worked again,not happened since.

Its just an opinion, if the alarm is the original factory fitted unit then, at 15 years old, its very likely to be faulty, the alarm system is tied into indicator/hazards and central locking, it knows if the boot is open or shut, it knows if the key is in the ignition etc so if its not working properly then it should be disconnected, just to see if that will make any difference to the fault.

Dec

Won't explain windows/horn/locking though.:confused:

If your car is s facelift then you don’t have an N10 Relay, I take it your alarm is not working, is that right or is that not right?

I may be the front SAM, it looks like in the yoke in the below link,you could examine yours to see if there is any sign of wet/corrosion damage.
98 99 + W202 W210 SAM Module Computer 0195455632 E320 E430 C230 Kompressor C280 | eBay

Dec

Last edited:
Might be a bit late with this, as tread is a bit old now, but

I had all these problems on my C250TD
Unplugged the factory alarm
and window, locking etc, sorted
Replaced SAM unit with second hand one from Ebay
(Make sure you match your SAM part Number)
Sorted horn ,indicator and wiper problem.

Hope it helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom