w202 electronics or lack off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RICHIS

Car
c250 td
right hi there guys just got my self a fine old motorway bus a c250 td manuel on a w reg few things that are bugging me firstly the traction control and the abs dont work .

all the warning lights come on before you start the engine so bulbs are still in the dash amber abs one on the left and the orange triangle i assume is the traction one.

and secondly the heaters always blow hot on to the windscreen even on cold settings

please bear with me this is my first merc and is a bit of a learning curve for me

cheers Rich

All the lights are supposed to come on when the ignition is turned on so that you know the bulbs are OK, it is the ones that stay on afterwards that you need to worry about as they indicate a fault.

Hi and welcome.

You need to get the car plugged in to check the fault codes to see what is causing the problem.

Your duo valve (just infront of the brake fluid resevoir) may be stuck. Give it a light tap with a hammer. This can sometimes kick it back into working!!

All the lights are supposed to come on when the ignition is turned on so that you know the bulbs are OK, it is the ones that stay on afterwards that you need to worry about as they indicate a fault.

think i might not typed it the best way but that i mean is i know the abs and traction are not working but there is no warning lights

and these duo valves just did a search for a pic on google and i havent got them seems the pipes have been joined how hard is it to reinstate these as the car gets like an oven inside on a warm day

cheers

Can you see where the joins in the coolant hose where they have joined them?
Have you located the electrical plug that should go on top the missing heater valve? and from memory you should have 3 hoses that would go to it, two of which go inside the car the other into the cars coolant system.

can only see the 2 pipes by the servo that have been joined and just located the plug its still there. so maybe a case of getting some second hand ones and see what happends ?

any ideas on the abs and asr ? guys 1st and second are not fun in the wet just spins up the wheels.

As Olly said in his previous post, you really need to get the codes read, to pin point the problem.
The traction system inputs signals from the ABS so the chances are sort the ABS and the traction will be ok.
You say you have two pipes by the servo but where do they come from? I would think that you have the one from the engine bay which has been jointed to one of the pipes from the heater box, has your heater got two temp. dials, one on each side of the car or is it the digital control unit?

As Olly said in his previous post, you really need to get the codes read, to pin point the problem.
The traction system inputs signals from the ABS so the chances are sort the ABS and the traction will be ok.
You say you have two pipes by the servo but where do they come from? I would think that you have the one from the engine bay which has been jointed to one of the pipes from the heater box, has your heater got two temp. dials, one on each side of the car or is it the digital control unit?

ok il try and get the codes read just thought it would throw a light up thats all ? my heaters are the ones with the 2 dials it looks like the valves have been taken out and joined with metal pipes .

As a temporary measure and to ease your suffering in the summer heat you could clamp the long coolant hose that extends from the dipstick up to where the duo valves were located, this will stop the flow of hot coolant to the heater.

You should release the clamp occasionally to allow coolant to flow through the heater.

Can’t help with the other faults.

Dec

Picture source… https://mercedessource.com/node/8847

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom