w202 facelift puddle lights HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
Did everyone read Koolvin's excellent article:puddle light mods complete (BIG PICS and VIDEO) ?

I tried this, and with help from Steve (MBenzNL) and the stealership I have almost finished. My car is now fully wired up and has all the bulbs, lenses and connectors EXCEPT ONE - the plug into the front dome-light. No-one has been able to tell me the part number for this plug, not the stealership, not Steve (EPC does not list it). I have now spent about £30 on wiring looms from the stealership and none of them have had the required plug! The plug will be about 50 pence ONCE I have established which one it it!

Please please please can someone with a 1997+ w202 ELEGANCE (which came with these puddle lights as standard) pull their dome light out and take a look at the plug for me?

Here is how to take the dome light apart...

1. Pull the frosted lenses off the domelight, they just unclip, you are now looking at this:

visors13.jpg

2. See those two holes to the left of the buttons etc? If you can, slip one finger into one of the holes and pull the light down slightly, two tabs against the rear of the light will become exposed, you will need to use a small screwdriver or your fingernail to release these.

The domelight will just fall out now, but will hang from the ceiling by a shedload of cables :) .

visors14.jpg

The front of the domelight has all the connectors going into it. I need the connector that has wires these colours going into it:

newpin.jpg

I need to see pics of the connector and which way around the wires go (although I think for bulb-lighting purposes either way around would probably work).

A pic like these would be VERY useful indeed!

visors17.jpg

visors15.jpg

Thanks guys, and remember: oem rulez!

Doh, dont have one at the house at the minute,
if no-one replies, i can get pics on saturday/sunday...

:confused:

Ive been a busy boy today , sorry for not replying earlier.

My 1998 c240 elegance does not have puddle lights on it. They were an £80 squid option when my car was built.

Our 2000 c220 cdi elegance had them in it but we sold that a while ago. ( i regret not nicking more from that car before it went.)

Ill deffo have a look up there to see if see any diferent wires than you have shown before but i doubt it , the only other thing i got up there is the wiring for the electric sunroof.

Originally posted by fuzzer
Ive been a busy boy today , sorry for not replying earlier.

My 1998 c240 elegance does not have puddle lights on it. They were an £80 squid option when my car was built.

Our 2000 c220 cdi elegance had them in it but we sold that a while ago. ( i regret not nicking more from that car before it went.)

Ill deffo have a look up there to see if see any diferent wires than you have shown before but i doubt it , the only other thing i got up there is the wiring for the electric sunroof.

Thanks! :D

80 squid!!!! I done my mod with about 18 squid!

Having throught about it , i remembered dad has puddle lights on his front and back doors , so, will take a pickie of his light cluster and post it for you nick.

Maybe not tomorrow , more than likely the 26 or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom