w202 front door

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyc280

Car
1997 C280 V6 Elegance Auto Facelift. 1992 Kawasaki ZZR1100 C3
Just wondering how difficult it is to change a w202 front door with air bags. I presume it's a 2 man job. Cheers, Tony.

I'm going to attempt to swap mine today Tony, I'll let you know how it goes.

Regards.

Just wondering how difficult it is to change a w202 front door with air bags. I presume it's a 2 man job. Cheers, Tony.

I man job, doddle.

You just need to unplug the harness, and then lift the door off - after taking off the 2 13mm nuts and the torx for the check strap.

Thanks for that nick. All i need is an Azurite Blue passenger door now. hopefully rust free. Cheers Tony.

Hi Nick. is door in good condition ? mine is an elegance model, Cheers Tony.

I man job, doddle.

You just need to unplug the harness, and then lift the door off - after taking off the 2 13mm nuts and the torx for the check strap.

That is correct for the rear doors.
fronts have a non splitting hinge,score around the hinge one side(for ref)
and remove 2 bolts top and 2 bolts bottom.

Front and rear doors both quite simple on 202 any 202 door facelift or not will do the job as you will get all internal parts from your original door(wiring /airbag/outer handle /lock mechanism etc) setting it may take a minute to get right, strikers on post do not adjust so it's only hinges u got worry about marking them will give you somewhere to start from but minor adjustments are still likely as no 2 doors fit a car the same

Front and rear doors both quite simple on 202 any 202 door facelift or not will do the job as you will get all internal parts from your original door(wiring /airbag/outer handle /lock mechanism etc) setting it may take a minute to get right, strikers on post do not adjust so it's only hinges u got worry about marking them will give you somewhere to start from but minor adjustments are still likely as no 2 doors fit a car the same

Strikers on my 202s were adjustable.....

Well Iv just put 4 doors on mine and they don't adjust got small locators on bk , they may adjust with a big hammer but I don't think this is mercedes recommended method

As far as I could work out, the fronts are slightly adjustable in terms of how high they sit in the frame, but trying to get the panel gaps right between the door and the wing is a pain in the a**e. Couldn't see any way of adjusting the back doors.

guydewdney said:
Strikers on my 202s were adjustable.....

image-2679280817.jpg

image-828198821.jpg

The small locators on back of striker locate on post if you were to buff these flat striker would then adjust but unless yer motor was bent shouldn't b necessary

Both front and rear door hinges adjust

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom