W202 front fogs....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

h17n dj

Car
W126 500SEL
hi! Ive got a W202 post facelift on a 2000 reg... its a C200 Elegance... its got the integrated front fogs with the main headlights.. has anyone changed them and put them at the bottom on the original bumper? is it straight forward? also wheres the best place to get a cheap set of front fogs from?

Hi,
The vents each side in the bumper are brake cooling ducts, the foglights in the headlights I have always found to be very good to be honest.
I have heard of people utilising these vents for additional fogs but what effect (if any) blocking them has on the braking performance I don,t know.

Hi,
The vents each side in the bumper are brake cooling ducts, the foglights in the headlights I have always found to be very good to be honest.
I have heard of people utilising these vents for additional fogs but what effect (if any) blocking them has on the braking performance I don,t know.
Yeah thats true... thanks for your respnse... the AMG's had the foglights there so maybe not much of an issue... :dk:

Details on fitting front fogs HERE into an AMG bumper, its expensive though!

If you fit bumper fogs using the OEM looms the headlight fogs will no longer work as the OEM looms take the fog light feed away from the headlight and direct it to the bumper fog.

If you fit bumper fogs using the OEM looms the headlight fogs will no longer work as the OEM looms take the fog light feed away from the headlight and direct it to the bumper fog.
yeh im not worried about the ones in the headlights not working as i dont use those anyway... i want them at the bottom... that was the plan but its finding a set of foglights for a decent price and was wondering if they fit the elegance bumper.......

What ever fog lights you fit in the bumper you will have to fabricate brackets and mounts.
The 36 and 43 AMG were the only 202 to have foglights in the bumper, and there bumpers were part of the AMG kit.

I spotted this today, there’s no mention about how they were fitted though.

Is this purely for cosmetic reasons I take it? (driving around all night with your fogs on?)as theres nothing wrong with the ones you have. :D

yep cosmetic :)! i wont drive round with em on but for shows and stuff they look good on and esp parked up the local car meets every sunday and weds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom