W202 front wings.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasons

SUPPORTER
Car
w204 c220 cdi sport
Hi I have to replace my rusty front wings and I have purchased some pattern ones from ECP but I was wondering how do I go about prepping them before fitting like underseal/waxoyl do I rub the insides down or do I just put waxoyl on top of the black paint that they come as.what else do you recommend instead of waxoyl.

Truck bed liner (raptor/x-line )is brilliant but expensive ,it's the toughest coating I know of

Giv the inner wing a key with a scotchbrite or even Brillo pad brush seal round arch then stonechip the whole underside of wing this will b far cheaper

Once the wing is painted before u fit it to car drown the bugger in waxoyl

That should keep the rust at bay

My 202 has had the rear arches 'rolled' possibly at new / factory / soon after. This appears to have massivly helped the corrosion. consider either filling the 'lips' with goo (sikaflex?) or rolling / beating them so they cant hold mud.

My current 210 has rolled arches and at 12 years old is showing far less corrosion (very little) than my previous one had a 6 years old.
Pretty sure mine were rolled at the factory as I seem to recall seeing it listed on the datacard.

Rolling the arch leaves no lip for salt n dirt to sit on soaking from autumn till spring but if you do it on the front wings especially pattern 1s you will loose a lot of rigidity around the arch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom