w202 headlight wire melted!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd suggest to an car electrician ar to a specialized car spare part shop.

Hi

Cut the plastic block connector off and solder some square spade connectors on to the wires. These then simply slide over the connections on the bulb but make sure you get them the right way round!

If you're not confident with electrics just take it to a local garage and ask them to repair it.

:D

Cheers guys, i managed to get hold of a spade connector and got the job done. But the earth wire had to be connected to the bulb lock. I tried halfords and a few other shops yesterday but to no avail. Cant find the holder any where but i am not going to give up as i dont like dodgy jobs.

One more thing. This incident has taught me not to take the miky out of a mate for not replacing a fused bulb in his lorenza. As that was exactly what i was doing before this happened to me when i set off.:eek:

Cheers guys, i managed to get hold of a spade connector and got the job done. But the earth wire had to be connected to the bulb lock. I tried halfords and a few other shops yesterday but to no avail. Cant find the holder any where but i am not going to give up as i dont like dodgy jobs.

One more thing. This incident has taught me not to take the miky out of a mate for not replacing a fused bulb in his lorenza. As that was exactly what i was doing before this happened to me when i set off.:eek:

You mean you had just replaced the bulb? Did you use another 55W bulb or one of the "off road only" 100/110/150W bulbs?

A second 55W bulb should cause any issues, as long as you make sure you have turned off all your lights before attempting changing the bulbs. (Not sure how the system is designed to load balance... if at all). Oh, and a good idea is to always change both bulbs (i.e. left and right) (or change only one with exactly the same type of bulb) to get the light colour even on both sides.

Michele

You mean you had just replaced the bulb? Did you use another 55W bulb or one of the "off road only" 100/110/150W bulbs?

Yes it was a 55W bulb.

A second 55W bulb should cause any issues, as long as you make sure you have turned off all your lights before attempting changing the bulbs. (Not sure how the system is designed to load balance... if at all). Oh, and a good idea is to always change both bulbs (i.e. left and right) (or change only one with exactly the same type of bulb) to get the light colour even on both sides.

They were indeed tuned off while attempting to change them. Guess what!! i have the same problem in the other holder now

What an enlightening resurrection.

Connector housing A0115455028 £1.06
Contact spring A0055456826 £0.44

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom