W202 Help Please -Converting Manual heating to aircon/climate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marksmerc

Car
C230 Kompressor Sport
Hi All,
Could anyone please tell me if it is possible to convert my PRE FACELIFT W202 C230 K SPORT 2/1/96 from manual heating to either aircon or climate and if so, is this going to be a complicated and exspensive conversion.

I look forward to hearing from all

Regards
Mark

Anything is possible, but it probably will put your wallet on a rapid slimming diet and put your nerves in a tangle

Have a read of this:
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/134011-climate-control-w202.html

It's a very recent thread on here of someone who's set about this, in a C180 I think, it should give you an idea. It's not completed yet, it could yet be updated with some idea of costs and time, but so far it looks to be going OK and possible.

However, I think it's a waste of time here on a 230k. There is so little room under the bonnet with the supercharger in place, the aircon parts would cost so much, somehow you've got to make the ECU work with it, you've got to replace the interior heater dash panel, the list goes on...

For what these cars cost, I'd expect that you could sell your car and buy another one with the full climate control and aircon fitted already for probably no more than another couple of hundred more than your car is likely to be worth. They don't fetch much more money with aircon. If so, it'd be far cheaper, quicker and easier than taking the car apart to change it.

Anything is possible, but it probably will put your wallet on a rapid slimming diet and put your nerves in a tangle

Thanks for the advice. your probably right about the exspence.I can live without it as the car is very good as it is.
Regards
Mark

Have a read of this:
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/134011-climate-control-w202.html

It's a very recent thread on here of someone who's set about this, in a C180 I think, it should give you an idea. It's not completed yet, it could yet be updated with some idea of costs and time, but so far it looks to be going OK and possible.

However, I think it's a waste of time here on a 230k. There is so little room under the bonnet with the supercharger in place, the aircon parts would cost so much, somehow you've got to make the ECU work with it, you've got to replace the interior heater dash panel, the list goes on...

For what these cars cost, I'd expect that you could sell your car and buy another one with the full climate control and aircon fitted already for probably no more than another couple of hundred more than your car is likely to be worth. They don't fetch much more money with aircon. If so, it'd be far cheaper, quicker and easier than taking the car apart to change it.

Thanks for your time and advice, but it all seems very complicated not to mention the cost, so i think i will stick with what i have got.
Regards
Mark

i think it would be cheaper to just by another car

Thanks for the advice,but this car is special to me as i have owned it for 10 years now and it has only done 57k. i am currently in the process of giving my baby a full makeover including all new pagent disks and pads all round.2 new tank sender units, a brand new heater controle unit, a full service and also going back to origanal spec sax springs and taking out the old 40mm lowered ones.plus having all the paint work sorted,not that it needs much but mainly around the arches and then it will be mint once again.
Regards
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom