w202 hid kit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimC200

Car
2004 w211 estate 2.2 cdi manual, 177k mls
So I'm going to fit a8000k hid kit to my 98 w202 anybody know what the dipped bulb type is? i think a h7??
also has anyone here done it and any pics?

Do it, Do it...we need a good laugh..

I was dazzled tonight by a 4x4 with idiot lights fitted. This checking can't come soon enough.

Is it a free for all over there then ?

No doubt they will follow suit soon ?

Would they pick up on dazzling headlights from retrofitted light sources ?

I would save yourself a headache and not bother with HID kits.

I agree they look good and can have better visibility; I did fit a kit to another car.

But it would save all the headaches associated with fitting. ie. cabling, tests, people flashing you etc.

Just my opinion.

Whitey

wow! lots of negativity towards the old xenons here, the dazzling shouldn't be an issue with the correct bulbs with the black strips for non projector headlights, and no for an nct (mot) in ireland all that t matters is if your lights are correctly aligned so as not to dazzle other drivers

wow! lots of negativity towards the old xenons here, the dazzling shouldn't be an issue with the correct bulbs with the black strips for non projector headlights, and no for an nct (mot) in ireland all that t matters is if your lights are correctly aligned so as not to dazzle other drivers

Jim, when Xenons are fitted as standard they have a self leveling mechanism and washers. You may have washers, but will not have the mandatory self leveling.

Jim, when Xenons are fitted as standard they have a self leveling mechanism and washers. You may have washers, but will not have the mandatory self leveling.

what is this self leveling you speak of? i have a light level adjuster switch can this be utilized?

what is this self leveling you speak of? i have a light level adjuster switch can this be utilized?

No, the self leveling system has a sensor attached to the front and rear axles and constantly adjusts the angle of the lights as you drive along.

No, the self leveling system has a sensor attached to the front and rear axles and constantly adjusts the angle of the lights as you drive along.

did a quick google search there, seems that this is not a requirement for an nct test currently the only requirement is they be correctly aligned, not sure what to do

Stop worrying - fit them if you like. It won't cause you any issue at test time, as long as they are correctly aligned as you say.

The UK test regulations are about to change, making such a fitment over here a test fail, unless all the levelling and cleaning equipment is included in the install. Not something you will have to worry about, unless your test regulations change at some point in the future too.

feck it, think ill go for it, ill aim them low with the in car adjuster to be safe :)

Not on the 202, 208 or 210 (likely others) they don't! It's checked at startup and then forgotten about...

Not on the 202, 208 or 210 (likely others) they don't! It's checked at startup and then forgotten about...

I have Xenons...the units move with the suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom