w202 instrument cluster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkchild101

Car
Mercedes C250TD
Part number 2025400848. Its 1997 model c250td and I cant find replacement on ebay though there are other clusters with different part numbers from 1994 and so on. Would they work on my car. There are clusters from w210s e300tds and part numbers similar escept for the model. There is a video of a guy swapping w210 onto a c class. The part number is 2105400848, would it work on my w202?

If anyone knoss where I can find exact cluster please help

here is guy swapping w202 and w140 clusters and it worked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FWDMKNJDIs

Last edited:
3 clusters for a W202

1st had the twisty knobs inside the central glass part 93-95
2nd had the LCD displays in their own surround + adjustments on the sides 95-99
3rd had gear selected display LCD 99-00

Last edited:
Postfacelift clusters are different to prefacelift . although they do work in prefacelift cars they beep annoyingly randomly due to the low oil level sensor which is not present on pre facelift cars (been there done that !)

With clusters its best to ring dronsfields as although not the cheapest they do have a large selection that are not listed on their webby

3 clusters for a W202

1st had the twisty knobs inside the central glass part 93-95
2nd had the LCD displays in their own surround + adjustments on the sides 95-99
3rd had gear selected display LCD display 99-00

Mine is 2nd one with LCD displays and adjustments on side

Postfacelift clusters are different to prefacelift . although they do work in prefacelift cars they beep annoyingly randomly due to the low oil level sensor which is not present on pre facelift cars (been there done that !)

With clusters its best to ring dronsfields as although not the cheapest they do have a large selection that are not listed on their webby

So a post facelift cluster would definitely work yeah? Would it show gear selected as that would be very nice :bannana:

I have also heard there are CAN Bus issues, is this true?

So that will definitely work on my car even though part numbers are different yeah? My part number is 2025400848

I cant say 100% thats the one you need, but Its a facelift diesel cluster...

Has yours failed?

I cant say 100% thats the one you need, but Its a facelift diesel cluster...

Has yours failed?

Its a strange one. It will work in like 1 out of 6 starts and the rest of the time doesnt work. Odometer, outside temp work all the time but the needle gauges will work sometimes and most of the time they dont. Really strange. I have pulled the cluster out and tried cleaning the contact points with electrical contact cleaner and made no difference. Very bad as means i never know how much fuel left :D The lcd info things work all time its just the needle gauges like revs, fuel, speedo and engine temp, they are intermittent. Say i start the car today after work, they might all work till i stop and switch engine off. Restart the car literally seconds later and they dont work :dk:

Checked fuses and even replaced relevant ones made no difference. Would an OVP issue cause this? Any ideas as does my head in

Hi
Did you solve your problem?
Did you replace with a different part number? If so which one?
I also require a 2025400848 because the left hand display is dead and on removing the cluster I have now lost some of the backlights.
Thanks.

Russ.

Hi
Did you solve your problem?
Did you replace with a different part number? If so which one?
I also require a 2025400848 because the left hand display is dead and on removing the cluster I have now lost some of the backlights.
Thanks.

Russ.

Never got it sorted mate sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom