W202 Instrument Panel Light

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by skinthegoat, Aug 12, 2008.

1. skinthegoat

skinthegoat New Member

The instrument panel in my W202 (1995 Elegance, 135K Miles) has been dimly lighted since I got the car some 4 years ago. Upon replacing some of the indicator bulbs, the little 1.5W ones with the integrated holders, I noticed that the one illumination bulb present was open-circuit. These are the 3W side-connect bulbs, which can be replaced in the holders. However, the nasty problem is that only one holder is present, and I'm wondering does anyone know how or where to get these? The actual 3W bulb is readily available. These are a much larger holder than those used with the 1.5W indicator bulbs, and there are just two of them in the cluster, one on each side. Any ideas?

2. NW_Merc

NW_Merc Banned

Car:
    1994 Mercedes C180 classic
  3. Alps

Alps MB Club Veteran

Car:
    E63 Weistec AMG, E55 2004 Silver(SOLD), C36 AMG 1997 (SOLD)
    or the dealer!

4. NW_Merc

NW_Merc Banned

Car:
    1994 Mercedes C180 classic
    I found autobulbs to be cheaper than the dealer

5. OP
    OP
    skinthegoat

skinthegoat New Member

Thanks, gentlemen. I tried those sites but, while they have all the bulbs, I couldn't find the holder. Anyway, I finally bit the bullet and went to a dealership, where I got what I needed. Pricey, but I can now read my speed after dark. Again, many thanks for your help.