W202 intermittent wiper and indicator fault!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C230kompressor

Car
1997 C230 Kompressor SPORT(SOLD) ---1993 C180 ESPRIT(SOLD)---1989 190E Cosworth REP(SOLD)
had a problem on the way to work to day! went to use my indicator and there was nothing nor did the hazards work! got to work and checked the relay and all seemed ok! after puting the relay back the indicator 's and hazards worked! (bad connection me thaught) on the way home tryed to wash my window screen and NO WIPER one the 1st setting and guess what
NO INDIRCATOR's!

am i right in thinking window wiper and light stalk again?

any advice would be helpfull

I'd say it is a relay problem. Something similiar happened to my C280 once but as it hasn't happened again, I didn't bother trying to fix it. It would be useful if there was a circuit diagram of the car's electrics somewhere. Anybody know where to find one?

I'd say it is a relay problem. Something similiar happened to my C280 once but as it hasn't happened again, I didn't bother trying to fix it. It would be useful if there was a circuit diagram of the car's electrics somewhere. Anybody know where to find one?

thank's 74merc!

i thaught relay to but found it weird why the indircator's and wiper stop together! thats why i thaught switch!

74merc with your quote still in mind!
and after reading more threads
iv found out that i had removed the wrong relay!
once i had located the right relay which also controls the heated rear window!
iv come to the conclusion of relay!
although its all clean inside and all connections are good i think im going to go that
route 1st

i will keep this updated!

Old relay:

Attachments

• 24012010049.jpg
    24012010049.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Its the relay. Happened on my 202. If you wiggle it you'll find the wipers etc will probably work. Its because its electro mechanical that things become inefficient. I found that by wedging cardboard down one side of the relay body it kept things working...then I got a new car.

thankyou renault12ts
which side did you put the card board?
just got a price £54:eek: from euro

C230kompressor - well done, where is that relay located?

C230kompressor - well done, where is that relay located?

if you remove the 6 screws round the top of the fuse box and lift it off!
its the large relay in the middle!

Hi, just to add to what has been said - i've also experienced similar symtoms and a new relay from MB cured it.

hope you get it sorted

thankyou philpat how much was your relay? just out of intrest?

Have to say, I dont remember the exact figure, but it was certainly more than the £54 you've been quoted by Euro - i think it was around £80ish.

Hope it helpsi

Last edited:
Find the part number of your unit and post it here. I reckon someone on her (like neilrr) will have a decent used unit.

Hia - just readin this and have a problem with my wind screen wiper position 1 (intermitent) only works now and again - 60% of time positon one runs like position 2 ! - reading the forum it sounds like its the relay - I have the same car as you E320 CDI adv. estate - is the relay located in the same position in the fuse box as mentioned - can you confirm where I should be looking
Also how do I contact Neilrr
Thanks in advance
Lins

hi there pugmerc do you loose your indicators as well?
i had a problem like that ages about turned out it was the switch itself

Hi there - No dont loose the indicators just the 1st position on wiper (intermitent) works like position 2 (continuous wipe) - so intermitment not working although all other settings OK window wash and first push on stalk for one wipe only.
Seems guys think it is the relay ????
Does anyone know of a good HAYNES like manual for E320 CDI estate - bought a manual off amazon but quite technical and no pictures of relay positions and wipers etc - all the useful stuff HAYNES provide - any one suggest something ?
Thanks
Lins

thats the part number off the one in my w202 c230kompressor!
but my w202 c180 had 2018210047 i have now put the ony from my kompressor in my 180 atm!
does this mean some one must have put the wrong one in my 180?

I may be wrong but that part with that number is off a 190e or something. It may work, but not so sure so i guess it was a wrong part number in your c180 or since your c180 year was quite close to the phased out 190, they may have shared parts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom