W202 leather interior sought, will a w210 fit or w203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimC200

Car
2004 w211 estate 2.2 cdi manual, 177k mls
As title said I'm looking for a beige leather interior for my w202 just wondering if other models will fit?

As title said I'm looking for a beige leather interior for my w202 just wondering if other models will fit?

No, they are totally and absolutely different. Think about it...a W210 is the bigger model...how could it fit in a smaller car...or any other car?

Would a Jaguar interior fit a Mini?

No, they are totally and absolutely different. Think about it...a W210 is the bigger model...how could it fit in a smaller car...or any other car?

Would a Jaguar interior fit a Mini?

Well they look identical like they would be a direct replacement, do you really think they use completely different everything throughout their range??

Well they look identical like they would be a direct replacement, do you really think they use completely different everything throughout their range??

Emm...of course they do Jim.

Emm...of course they do Jim.

of course, like the different steering wheels, instruments, Engines, Elec window motors, blower fans, wiper motors, Gearboxes, etc etc, all completely unique in each mercedes right?
not sure if you're trying to troll here or what?

of course, like the different steering wheels, instruments, Engines, Elec window motors, blower fans, wiper motors, Gearboxes, etc etc, all completely unique in each mercedes right?
not sure if you're trying to troll here or what?

Jim, think about it this way. The C class, the E class and the S class all get bigger, not just on the outside, but in the inside too. The interiors may look the same, but your 202 is quite a bit smaller on the inside than a 210, which in turn is a lot smaller than a W140 S class.

As for the hidden mechanicals...what's that got to do with the leather seats?

So, no, not trolling, just very confused.

Jim, think about it this way. The C class, the E class and the S class all get bigger, not just on the outside, but in the inside too. The interiors may look the same, but your 202 is quite a bit smaller on the inside than a 210, which in turn is a lot smaller than a W140 S class.

As for the hidden mechanicals...what's that got to do with the leather seats?

So, no, not trolling, just very confused.

I get that the other cars are bigger, but I dont think the seats are, maybe im completely wrong but ive got a feeling they are the same dimensions, obviously not all models of course but im going to get the measuring tape out and check out the dimensions of the w210 and mine and see whats up

the hidden mechanicals.... was in reply to your statement that mercedes use all different parts in each car which clearly is untrue,

will update thread when i get round to it :)

Jim:w202 seats will only fit w202 and if your one is a saloon,the ones from a 202 estate will not fit
If you do not like to hear the answer,why ask???

Jim:w202 seats will only fit w202 and if your one is a saloon,the ones from a 202 estate will not fit
If you do not like to hear the answer,why ask???

If someone tells me they've tried it and they dont fit or have measured etc then cool thanks, if you're just blowing smoke out your ass then i reserve the right to call bull**** and check for myself,

I get the feeling i might be coming across a bit douchey here and its not my intention at all

Ok than,I never tried but as far as I`m aware they can`t interchange

You're right without a tape measure how could anyone know.

I've always fancied a Maybach interior...where's the tape...

Jim you can do one of two things:

1. Buy and fit a W202 interior from another car, as this is the most common way of doing things with least hassle and most compatibility, those of us also with W202s would go down this route.

2. Buy a W210 interior or any other interior for that matter and butcher it if necessary to make it fit. By butcher I meant strip the seats down and fit new runners to the fronts and reshape the rear seats if you can. Bear in mind that the doorcards from this model type wont fit you could possibly make the front seats fit.

The reason that nobody has fitted a W210 interior or W203 one for that matter to a W202 is that they dont fit otherwise people would go down the line of attempting it. As Dash said, if you dont like what is being given as opinions to you then you are welcome to prove us wrong by buying an interior from either model types you have seen and fitting them. It may work out looking like a work of genius. However more realistically it wont work at all.

Jim you can do one of two things:

1. Buy and fit a W202 interior from another car, as this is the most common way of doing things with least hassle and most compatibility, those of us also with W202s would go down this route.

2. Buy a W210 interior or any other interior for that matter and butcher it if necessary to make it fit. By butcher I meant strip the seats down and fit new runners to the fronts and reshape the rear seats if you can. Bear in mind that the doorcards from this model type wont fit you could possibly make the front seats fit.

The reason that nobody has fitted a W210 interior or W203 one for that matter to a W202 is that they dont fit otherwise people would go down the line of attempting it. As Dash said, if you dont like what is being given as opinions to you then you are welcome to prove us wrong by buying an interior from either model types you have seen and fitting them. It may work out looking like a work of genius. However more realistically it wont work at all.

There is a third option, if leatherette will do instead of real leather. Another member bought a set of custom-made seat covers earlier this year, which cost £245 - see here - Post #4 onwards. Not sure if that is within OP's budget, but at least you are getting 'new' material, rather than something with at least 11 years' wear.

Last edited:
I'm sure you'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom