W202 misfire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

piston broke

Car
w202
W202 96my 2 litre
Sounds like running on 2 pots, extremely hard to start and keep running and only a day after passing MOT.
I'm guessing PMS module but gona try to start with HT leads and coil packs which seem 2b buried under inlet manifold are these as tricky to remove as it looks ?.
Also spark plug caps seem very hard to remove didn't want to force them in case I was missing a trick!
Any pointers greatly appreciated would love to keep it going for another year.

Update diagnosed 1&4 not firing also cant see any way to remove coil packs without first removing inlet manifold ☹ however just behind thermostat housing is a component (engine mount ?) If this can be removed then access to coil packs under manifold might be possible!.

Attachments

• 20200906_144352.jpg
    20200906_144352.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Your PMS unit (found under the washer reservoir ) is broken.

What's the part number on your current PMS box?

Your PMS unit (found under the washer reservoir ) is broken.

What's the part number on your current PMS box?

This one ?

Attachments

• 20200906_154425.jpg
    20200906_154425.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Just read a few pages of that thread you linked & I am now even more confused 😳 do I have to change both coil packs first ? and if that doesn't help then try pms after? .

That's the one (post 4).

Change the coils before you put in a replacement PMS unit. The old one is dead, new coils will not revive it.

That's the one (post 4).

Change the coils before you put in a replacement PMS unit. The old one is dead, new coils will not revive it.
Thanks for replies, gona have to bite the bullet I guess. E bay has lots but no returns scares me a bit.

No, I don't have any 018 545 11 32s.

That link is just one I found on ebay that offers a 3 mth warranty, I have nothing to do with the seller.

W202 96my 2 litre
Sounds like running on 2 pots, extremely hard to start and keep running and only a day after passing MOT.
I'm guessing PMS module but gona try to start with HT leads and coil packs which seem 2b buried under inlet manifold are these as tricky to remove as it looks ?.
Also spark plug caps seem very hard to remove didn't want to force them in case I was missing a trick!
W202 96my 2 litre
I’m sorry for the reply on your quote but I can’t make my own for some reason.
Have w202 c200 ‘95 LPG, when it’s cold has very hard to start (without touching the throttle a bit say to help to start it will crank forever) even same happens when it’s warm and sometimes start well but it’s like by surprise. The car drive so smoothly but when the rpm is over 1600-2000rpm, it can “kick” lightly in city traffic often when the rpm is low.
I will pop up two pictures below so it’s better to understand- the rpm is going up/down from ~250-~900rpm, it’s really so annoying.
Basically the car doesn’t run at all until get operating temperature like 60-70 degrees, if don’t rev it simply will shut off, just to be clear have to the mechanics and put new spark plugs.

Attachments

• BA2F7459-B5C0-44A5-A77C-9ABAD8D263B2.jpeg
    BA2F7459-B5C0-44A5-A77C-9ABAD8D263B2.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 91EBD58E-B957-4643-A736-958F5ABF5955.jpeg
    91EBD58E-B957-4643-A736-958F5ABF5955.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom