W202 - newest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WLeg

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB GLC250
Was chatting to a friend the other day, who thinks they saw a 51 reg W202.....anyone know if this could be true or rocking-horse poo ?

It's not entirely impossible, if the car has been stood in Mercedes yard for XYZ months past the end of 2000 then it might have been a very late registration.

I think the first W203's started on a 2000 W-reg.

Could be true. Sometimes unsold cars are left sitting in dealerships which then are registered when sold sometimes after discontinuation of that particular model. I believe the w202 were only made upto a W plate otherwise as the first w203s started on an X. I may have even seen a few X plate w202s if I'm not mistaken.

I've definitely seen a '51 or '52 plate W202 driving around London a few years back. You get late registered cars for several MB models.

How about a 'P' plate W201 :) Or a 'T' registered W124 coupé? I have seen both before and they are correct :thumb:

One of our own members on here has a 'V' plate Range Rover Classic!

Estates were produced for a little longer than the saloons. Generally the Saloons finished on a W Plate and Estates on a X Plate. I have seen a few Y Reg Estates driving around.

It happens though take for instance my Van - it was built in February 2003 and was not registered until late 2005 !! God know where it was for 2 years !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom