W202 no interior or boot lights and strange locks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris tippet

Car
Mercedes c200 w202
Hi all, the information need help!

Just purchased a c200 1994, and it has a slightly issue:

Central locking only unlocks from passenger side. The only locks from drivers side!

No internal dome lights coming on, lamps are individually working when voltage passed through but don't illuminate when switched on via control, and or door opened.

Boot lamp not coming on.

I checked through the owners manual, and all work on the same fuse (35amp) number 35 under hood, which I have changed, or but still no luck.

Any advise is appreciated

Okay, so checked all fuses and have placed 7.5 in f35, and new 15 in f33. the rear dome is now working but front only has reading light, not all, it might be the board gone as there is a small amount of corrosion on the pcb.

As for the boot, I can't actually find a light fitting to check that bulb, possibly the previous owners removed it? For some bizarre reason. I've looked in every nook, crany and egress but can find nothing

IIRC correctly the boot light on an early 202 is on the drivers side of the boot, just by the back of the rear light cluster, it is fitted in the top of the boot lining shining down into the boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom