W202 Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Just replaced the seats in my facelift W202 to leather ones and I forgot to remove the yellow connector under the passenger seat. The connector has now come apart and the cables have completely come loose from the connector, im not sure what order the cables go into the pins.

Now the SRS Airbag light is on until I can connect it up again right.

There are 2 brown cables and one black cable.

Years ago I took a picture for someone of the cable but I cant find it now, can anyone take a photo of theirs for me please?

Hi,
If no-one is forthcoming and you can wait till the weekend I,ll try and take a pic of mine for you, but as my PC is not up and running at the moment, I may have too send it to you via. phone.
Regarding the SRS light, if you have turned on the ignition/driven it, you will have to get it turned off via. STAR, though i think it can be turned off via. other good quality generic code readers.

Cheers for the offer, might have to take you up on that if noone else is able to help.

Ive dislodged it many times before, only this time I cant figure out what order they need to be in.

The both lights (dash & central console) stay on while driving.

OK, if you still need to know by friday, PM me your mobile number, and i,ll try and get the pic for you, I only do half day fridays so I might get an opportunity in the afternoon.

Hi mate, if you pm me your full chassis number i will look it up on WIS for you :thumb:

Thanks, PM sent. Im not sure that will help though will it?

Couple of pictures explaining what im on about:

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

Pin 1 pink/black = power
Pin 3 brown/white = signal
Pin 4 brown = ground

If the pink/black touched the brown or ground, you will have taken out 5A fuse, F2 in the main fusebox

BUT, looking at the wires you broke off all the MQS contacts which are still in the shell.

MQS female contacts, pretty sure are A008 545 55 26

If you look carefully at the yellow shell, a bit clips up to relase the lock that holds the contacts in place, and then you need to push in something sharp through the little slot whilst using a paperclip to push the contacts back out. I'd consider ordering a new yellow shell actually, part number will be on the shell in very small writing.

Airbag light *may* need resetting with Star diagnosis

Cheers

Richard

Brilliant, thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom