W202 PLEASE PLEASE HELP fuel pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tazzy

Hi all, I am hoping someone could please help me
I have 1997 w202 c180 sport, I have owned the car for the past 7 years without 1 issue, it has been a truly fantastic car and I can not praise it enuf, the problem I'm having is, there seems to be no power getting to the fuel pump when the ignition is on to prime the pump, so car will not start, I have changed the big green relay in the boot with the 30amp fuse fitted, I have checked both wires to the pump for any breaks in them "all is good"
I've installed new quality batteries in the remote key
Car battery is fully charged, I've checked all fuses in the boxes on either side of engine compartment and also in the boot, all are good
I have put a live feed to the pump and that works, but will not work when ignition is turned on
I have no idea what to check next, the car was running fine when I turned it off, but when I tried to restart, it would not start again due to the fuel pump not working.
Please please help, this is the only issue I have had with the car and I'm not looking at replacing it anytime soon, unless it can not be fixed, any help as to where the problem could be, will be appreciated
THANK YOU ALL in advance :thumb:

Last edited:
help

As i have gone through this type of fault, i can only say,you must get a mobile auto electric tec to check the main things out first .You can mess for days and you may never find it I know as did, and it ended up with the car alarm fault. Nothing to do with the car mechanical items,or fuel.You see the fuel is cut so the car wont start. Good luck with it .Please let us know the outcome .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom