W202 pollen filter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gchild

Car
C280 Sport
Not much air coming through the ac, guessing the pollen filter needs changing. How much are these from mb? Seen some on eBay for £14.

Cheers

Hi,
Last time i bought one from MB it cost me less than £20 for my C43/55.
I bought one from ECP for my C230K and it was less than a tenner.
I found that there is a definite difference in quality between some pattern filters and Gen OEM

its an air filter just go to euro car parts there about 5 pounds lol i love merc my c36 had full history when i got it and my blower was very slow droped the pollen filter and it was blocked solid lol i guess being on bonus in the workshop means you dont get time to change bits like that lol works fine with the new one!

My hot air coming in is damp and it steams up the windscreen initially. Parking the car in the evening after using the warm air, I come out to go home and there is heavy condensation at the lower parts of the windscreen directly above the air vents... Any suggestions on how to check out water in the system. Someone suggested the A/C drain or water lying in the system... No idea where to check though...

Mine does that as well, I've think it's normal.

The air con is on all the time, so the moisture will collect on the cold plates in the aircon system and will get blown through initially imo.

Does it clear quick ?

Yea it clears pretty fast once the heat warms the glass but I've had other cars with A/C and they didn't do this, but the air coming out of mine feels humid, which makes me suspect there's water somewhere that there shouldn't be. A/C should dry the air if anything... A/C in work annoys my contact lenses with the dry air blowing out of the vents...

Might just be a 'characteristic' then ?

No its not meant to condensate the windows. May be water trapped as the drains are blocked. Over time this will go stagnant and start to smell

No its not meant to condensate the windows. May be water trapped as the drains are blocked. Over time this will go stagnant and start to smell

Hi

Are we talking about condensation in droplets or a light mist that initially comes through ?

Chris

Hi

Are we talking about condensation in droplets or a light mist that initially comes through ?

Chris
put it this way a new cars air con system dose not condensate the car but over time as the system gets hot and cold it will produce a build up of water that water escapes out of drain holes if there blocked it carnt this will cause condensation when you use the system

I've read post #5 again and understand the problem now.

Mine would mist up for the first 5 seconds then clear as the moisture is blown through.

Yea mine's like Whitey's it'll mist up completely for 5 secs, but that's NOT GOOD when you're driving along as you can see absolutely nothing!! :-/ Does anyone know where the drains are to check if they are blocked? Is there a step-by-step 'How To' on it somewhere?

i'll second that on the drains, where are they as i had a pool of water near the fuse box under the hood on my w202 after heavy rain, cannot see any drain holes on the passenger side

i'll second that on the drains, where are they as i had a pool of water near the fuse box under the hood on my w202 after heavy rain, cannot see any drain holes on the passenger side

Not much air coming through the ac, guessing the pollen filter needs changing. How much are these from mb? Seen some on eBay for £14.

Cheers

My blower was like an asthmatic, Olly confirmed for me should be more powerful so I got on the case and had a look at the pollen filter. Pulled it out along with a load of ****e and bits of leaves, to say it needed renewing was an understatement, heres a pic of the old and new filter...

DSC01948.jpg

Make sure you get a carbon activated filter, not a standard paper one, the guy in eurocarparts sorted me out with the right one once I showed him my old one, costs a bit more, about £20 but keeps out unwanted fumes and particles. Sorted out my steamy window problem and could actually tell fresher air was coming into the cabin.

Hengst
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/M...452926859c75c62d11ea13364d9325fb0361547e&CBNC

or

Bosch
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/M...452926859c75c62d11ea13364d9325fb0361547e&CBNC

Are the ones to choose from.

Last edited:
You can buy an OEM carbon pollen filter from the dealers for near abouts the same price part number and price below:

A2108301118

£20.16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom